Post a reply

Re: World Championship Final : Shaun Murphy v Stuart Bingham

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Here it is. The match of the year. Bingham v Murphy.

Last year Shaun lost with a session to spare folding like a cheap tent against Ronnie, Stuart went out against Doherty playing terribly in the first round.

Unbelievable how times change.

Absolutely, those 2 last year had probably the 2 worst performances at 2014 Worlds and a year later they are both in the final of out biggest event :dizzy:

Like you said also, I honestly hope this isn't a one sided Murphy win, but I don't think it will either as despite the fact Bingham may be tired tomorrow, he has proved he can cope with the pressure very well and I reckon Shaun won't have it all his own way in this Final.

I expect a Murphy win and a 2nd World Title here, but Bingham definately has the game to cause him problems. Someone who beats Dott, Ronnie and Judd in a tournament such as this deserves every credit. :hatoff:

Postby Andy Spark

vodkadiet wrote:Trump has just tweeted "I am sick, and now I am going to make myself sicker by going to Burger King...'

Maybe he gets free burgers as part of the sponsorship deal.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Despite not being that happy with Murphy overtaking Robbo and Selby if he gets this, I think I'll support him. Nothing against Stuart.

I'll support Bingham, but yeah have absolutely nothing against Shaun so if he wins (likely) then I'll be happy the same way for him.

Winning a 2nd World Title and joining a very select group of players is something that deserves full credit.

Postby vodkadiet

Andy Spark wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Trump has just tweeted "I am sick, and now I am going to make myself sicker by going to Burger King...'

Maybe he gets free burgers as part of the sponsorship deal.

Not any more!

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:It will be a great story whatever happens. Murphy winning the title for the second time exactly 10 years after his first or Bingham completing his life long journey to the top of the snooker world in his late 30s.

Shades of the great Alex Higgins who won in 1972 and 1982.

John Higgins almost did the same, won his first in 1998 and second in 2007.

Postby GJ

Hope Stu wins but won't begrudge Murphy a 2nd title because he's a proper pro who dedicates himself 100 % to the game.

:hatoff:

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:Hope Stu wins but won't begrudge Murphy a 2nd title because he's a proper pro who dedicates himself 100 % to the game.

:hatoff:

yeah my thoughts exactly <ok>

Don't think Murphy will run away with it, he might even had a nice lead tomorrow after 2nd session, say 10-6 because Bingo is likely to be tired after that marathon, but as I said I don't think Murphy will it all his own way.

Should be a great match in the biggest Final of the season.

Postby Andre147

And forgot this small matter that we are now on 80 centuries for this year's tournament, just 3 shy of the buckets from 2009.

Surely Shaun can make at least 2 or 3 more? And another 1 or 2 from Bingo? Would be a real shame if the record wasn't broken now we are so close.

Postby Skullman

Paddpotter wrote:
Skullman wrote:Despite not being that happy with Murphy overtaking Robbo and Selby if he gets this, I think I'll support him. Nothing against Stuart.

what do you mean??

I like Robbo and Selby more than I do Murphy and feel that at their best, they are more complete and all around better than Murphy is. However, in sport results are what matters, so if Murphy gets to two World Titles, ahead of them, fair play to him, he's done it when it matters.

As for supporting Murphy, I'd rather see him win this than Stuart and it is for pro-Murphy reasons rather anti-Bingham sentiments.

I hope my explanation was adequate.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:And forgot this small matter that we are now on 80 centuries for this year's tournament, just 3 shy of the buckets from 2009.

Surely Shaun can make at least 2 or 3 more? And another 1 or 2 from Bingo? Would be a real shame if the record wasn't broken now we are so close.

I keep hearing these 2009 pockets were buckets, but hasn't it been the case for years? Feels like they've been buckets since 2012 at least (can't remember for 2011 the only other year I've watched). Maybe we think 2009 was most bucket like because of the 83 tons, but they were all buckets and in 2009 the players were just playing better?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:And forgot this small matter that we are now on 80 centuries for this year's tournament, just 3 shy of the buckets from 2009.

I keep hearing these 2009 pockets were buckets, but hasn't it been the case for years? Feels like they've been buckets since 2012 at least (can't remember for 2011 the only other year I've watched). Maybe we think 2009 was most bucket like because of the 83 tons, but they were all buckets and in 2009 the players were just playing better?

No these 2009 pockets were an absolute joke. I have never seen anything like it at a BBC tournament.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6DPPjFjXVc

Here's the pink GJ is speaking about.

:bowdown: Many thanks TR.

And that also included the shot SO was talking about.

See how early the pink hits the cushion and somehow still goes in <doh>