Post a reply

Re: World Championship Final : Shaun Murphy v Stuart Bingham

Postby Souvent

AC or LT? wrote:
Souvent wrote:Jimmy thinking "even Bingham got one". :)

pmsl

Great to see Bingham win the title, the annoying part is it means he'll be in the commentary box in ten years time with O'Sullivan - one essex accent is bad enough.

The talk of Bingham being the one to break the crucible curse is absolute marmite with all due respect there is more chance of Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Ghenghis Khan, Stalin, Gadaffi and Hitler being awarded posthumous nobel peace prices next year than Bingham winning another World Title, let alone the 2016 one.

And that's precisely what makes it so plausible. Most of the other world champions were actually tipped as title contenders. I doubt Bingham will be next year. And that makes him an underdog and the perfect player to break that curse forever.

Postby Andre147

These are some of the quotes I managed to pick out from the clueless ones:

JPOPSNOOKER wrote:ITS OVER!!!!!!! GET IN THERE SHAUN!!!!!!!! :D :

Paddpotter wrote:Bingo is not a World Champion

Paddpotter wrote:Bingham is out of his depth and will be beaten very easily. Bored

rofl pmsl pmsl rofl

Postby vodkadiet

Murphy's missed yellow in the 31st frame was the shot that turned it. If he had won that frame, Bingham was finished. It will be hard for Murphy to ever win again after losing that final.

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:And of course the best one till last.....

Alex0paul wrote:All the idiots cheering on Bingham last night have got their drab, one sided final

rofl rofl :wave: :wave: :wave: pmsl pmsl pmsl rofl rofl

18-15 was incredibly one sided. I'd be demanding my money back

Postby Andre147

Someone who managed to beat Dotty, Ronnie, Trump and Murphy in a long tournament such as this fully deserves to be World Champion :D

Still can't believe it, so so happy for him, he's a true true profissional who gives everything to this Sport.

BINGO :win: :win: :win: :happy: :happy: :happy: :D :D

Postby Cloud Strife

Well done Bingham. You were the best player over the course of the 17 days and fully deserve your win.

I would have preferred somebody else to win to better reflect the image of snooker, but can't grumble too much because the best player won at the end of the day. Well done.

Postby AC or LT?

For next season I'm reducing the amount of snooker I watch as it's just too much time at the minute and a bit invasive on other more important stuff.

Therefore only expect to see me on the boards for
Wuxi Classic
Champion of Champions
Masters
International Championship
UK Championship
World Grand Prix
China Open
World Championship

no ptcs, champions league, qualifiers (barring Worlds), other invitationals etc...

Postby Skullman

AC or LT? wrote:For next season I'm reducing the amount of snooker I watch as it's just too much time at the minute and a bit invasive on other more important stuff.

Wuxi Classic
Champion of Champions
Masters
UK Championship
World Grand Prix
China Open
World Championship

no ptcs, champions league, qualifiers (barring Worlds), other invitationals etc...

Wuxi isn't on anymore.

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:Beat Dott.

Beat Ronnie.

Beat Trump.

Beat Murphy.

And still some people think of him as unworthy.

I backed against Bingham in every round of the prediction contest, including Robbie Williams!!

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:
Andre147 wrote:And of course the best one till last.....

Alex0paul wrote:All the idiots cheering on Bingham last night have got their drab, one sided final

rofl rofl :wave: :wave: :wave: pmsl pms

18-15 was incredibly one sided. I'd be demanding my money back

Good luck with that pmsl

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:I would have preferred somebody else to win to better reflect the image of snooker, but can't grumble too much because the best player won at the end of the day. Well done.

Like who?

He travels the world, playing in every tournament going. Nobody loves their snooker more than Bingham.

Hardly bad for snooker's image.

Postby pasunegirafe

Can't believe it's all over...
That was a really enjoyable match. Honestly, I didn't think Bingham could put in a good performance against Murphy, though I hoped he could. I'm glad he proved me wrong. He fully deserved to win it. He fought hard and played well.
World Champion Stuart Bingham :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Stuart Bingham did it. What an achievement this is! He was second favourite in the final, in the semis, in the quarters and maybe even in the last 16. He fully deserves this.

Congratulations to our new Champion of the World!

It really is SO, couldn't have been a nicer bloke really, he gives it absolutely everything to this Sport :bowdown:

Postby AC or LT?

Skullman wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:For next season I'm reducing the amount of snooker I watch as it's just too much time at the minute and a bit invasive on other more important stuff.

Wuxi Classic
Champion of Champions
Masters
UK Championship
World Grand Prix
China Open
World Championship

Wuxi isn't on anymore.

Shame, suppose that's one less tournament to watch next season. Thanks for the heads up.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:Murphy's missed yellow in the 31st frame was the shot that turned it. If he had won that frame, Bingham was finished. It will be hard for Murphy to ever win again after losing that final.

I fully agree, I wouldn't say it would be all over for Bingo as he proved he can cope very well under extreme pressure, but yes Murphy's confidence would have been sky high had he won that frame.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Is Stuart Bingham now a great player than Dennis Taylor?

of course he is <ok>

Just because Dennis won a World Champs on the black doesn't make that win any bigger than Bingo's.