Post a reply

World Championship S F 1 : Shaun Murphy v Barry Hawkins

Postby Wildey

Image Image ImageSaturday 18th of April~Monday 4th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Session 1 Thursday 30th of April @ 1pm
Session 2 Friday 1st of May @ 10am
Session 3 Friday 1st of May @ 7pm
Session 4 Saturday 2nd of May @ 2.30pm

Shaun Murphy v Barry Hawkins

Click for Head to Heads

Overall Murphy Leads 8-2
Main TournamentsMurphy leads 4-1
World ChampionshipNever Played Before
Multi Session Matches Never Played Before

First Semi Final brings together 2005 World Champion Shaun Murphy and 2013 Runner up Barry Hawkins

Never played each other in the World Championship or multi session match before.

Their highest profile match was in the 2013 UK Championship last 16 Hawkins winning 6-5

Who will prevail over 4 sessions?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: World Championship S F 1 : Shaun Murphy v Barry Hawkins

Postby vodkadiet

Hawkins will have to buy Matt Selt a few drinks when he sees him next. Selt's 5 frame blast from 9-4 down to 9-9 was no doubt the best snooker Hawkins had ever seen, and showed what could be achieved on a 12 x 6 foot green baize. Some of that must have rubbed off on Hawkins, and thus he is now in the semis.

Postby vodkadiet

Holden Chinaski wrote:Good luck to the Hawk! Hope he will not be too tired after that epic fight against Robbo.

He said he was knackered last year. I think he was just slaughtered by O'Sullivan. He generally has good powers of recovery.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:Good luck to the Hawk! Hope he will not be too tired after that epic fight against Robbo.

I agree, but unlike last year, I think Barry will be bang up ready for this and will give Murphy a good match.

I favour Murphy, but only about 60/40 here.

Postby AC or LT?

4 session matches time, brilliant.

Favour Murphy in this one, especially if he can find some of the form he had earlier in the season around christmas; he'll be unstoppable. Although crucible Hawkins can obviously never be discounted, but the match he's just been involved in might have took it out of him.

Postby Muppet147

Andre147 wrote:

I agree, but unlike last year, I think Barry will be bang up ready for this and will give Murphy a good match.

I favour Murphy, but only about 60/40 here.

I reckon Hawkins will win a close match. Murphy is a good front runner but if it goes close, Hawkins will win.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Most people seem to think Murphy has this in the bag...

I don't :wave:

Me neither, I favour Murphy 60/40 and that's also because Barry had to waste many mental energy facing Robbo.

But Murphy certainly wont run away with it and Barry has a good chance of reaching his 2nd Crucible Final.

Who'd have thought of this 5 years ago? <laugh>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:

Me neither, I favour Murphy 60/40 and that's also because Barry had to waste many mental energy facing Robbo.

But Murphy certainly wont run away with it and Barry has a good chance of reaching his 2nd Crucible Final.

Who'd have thought of this 5 years ago? <laugh>

Let's go back 6 years:

Bingham only won 2 matches in his career at the Crucible and loses to Ronnie in the first round 10-5.
Hawkins is still waiting for his first ever win at the Crucible and loses to Dott in the first round 10-8.
Judd Trump only qualified once for the Crucible and loses to Lee in the final qualifying round 10-8.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Barry's path to the semis:

10-9 Selt
13-11 Allen
13-12 Robertson

68 frames in total. Is that a new record amount for a player reaching the semis? Or did someone play 69 frames?

Joint equal with Swail in 2001.

He beat Sean Storey 10-9, Mark Williams 13-12 and Patrick Wallace 13-11.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:

What knobheads think that? Hawkins could very easily Murphy. He's building up quite the Crucible pedigree.

Did you watch the match yesterday? Or did you miss another epic battle?

Postby PLtheRef

SnookerFan wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Joint equal with Swail in 2001.

He beat Sean Storey 10-9, Mark Williams 13-12 and Patrick Wallace 13-11.

Just the 63

10-9 v Murphy
13-12 v Dott
13-8 v Higgins
Last edited by PLtheRef on 30 Apr 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Can enjoy the semis as a real neutral as I like trump, bing and smurph. Not seen much of Hawkins so won't comment. On paper I'd prefer bingo to win then smurph then trump but trumps bringing something extra special to this tourney so rooting for him.

Postby mantorok

Clara8633 wrote:

I don't think so either, and I think most people actually feel the same.

I think this will be the closest of the semis personally, Murphy is the better player but Hawkins is still dangerous.