Post a reply

Re: World Championship S F 1 : Shaun Murphy v Barry Hawkins

Postby GJ

sundaygirl wrote:I'm supporting Barry• this afternoon though it does seem very close to last night so I hope he's recovered

• genuine support this is not just an anti Smurph thing

abit of both for me but barry is a great lad so hope he pulls it off <cool>

Postby Andre147

So GJ I see you supporting Hawkins <cool>

Read your comments about Robbo's loss last night, and yeah nothing to be ashmed about, he gave it his very best, but this time, unlike last year, a peak Robbo was stopped.

I too hope Hawkins wins this match. I actually thiink he'l give Judd a better Final than Murphy, even if that sounds a bit strange.

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:I think Murphy's game would play in to judds hands barrys wont.

Come on the Hawk

I agree, Hawkins has a much better tactical game and wont go all out for some pots like Judd does.

You can't outpot a player like Judd as Murphy often tries to do.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:I too hope Hawkins wins this match. I actually thiink he'l give Judd a better Final than Murphy, even if that sounds a bit strange.

I can see that. I said before, Murphy usually lost to Judd when it was potting machine v potting machine, and considering how much Judd's safety is now, I can see a repeat of 2009 if that match up happened.

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:As Roland once told me forgetting his tactical weaknesses , shauns main weakness is pushing the boat out too much

He has improved his tactical game a lot in recent times, but even Judd now has a better tactical game than him, so I think that says a lot how far behind Shaun's his from some of the very best.

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:Is anyone supporting murphy

You mean today, or generally?

I may be out of line here but I just find Murphy too full of himself and Hawkins a little stuck-up.

I may be judging but that's why I haven't gelled with either of them.

As for Bingo, he seems like a nice chap, and it's funny because he looks my wife's uncle-in-law, but that's where the bond ends I'm afraid.

Trump is entertaining to watch - simple as that.