Post a reply

Re: World Championship S F 1 : Shaun Murphy v Barry Hawkins

Postby snucar

Andre147 wrote:He has improved his tactical game a lot in recent times, but even Judd now has a better tactical game than him, so I think that says a lot how far behind Shaun's his from some of the very best.

Far behind? Far behind? Seriously?

I often wonder if some of you spend more time posting here than actually watching the matches.

Postby Andre147

snucar wrote:
Andre147 wrote:He has improved his tactical game a lot in recent times, but even Judd now has a better tactical game than him, so I think that says a lot how far behind Shaun's his from some of the very best.

Far behind? Far behind? Seriously?

I often wonder if some of you spend more time posting here than actually watching the matches.

So you think Shaun's tactical game is up there with the very best? rofl

It has improved, but it's nowhere near the very best, whether that pleases you or not. It's plain to see mate.

Postby GJ

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:You don't get to be a triple major winner playing marmite tactics. Shaun's had a rough ride on this forum for years.

As do other players that's life :wave:

But I agree with andre on this one

Postby Andre147

But don't get me wrong, I rate Murphy very highly, in fact I love watching him play, his long potting and breakbuiding his superb really and that's how he won the Masters this season and reached the German Masters Final.

His tactical game is good yes, but often against great tactical players like Selby, Robbo, etc, he sometimes pushes the boat out when in triouble.

It's always been like that with Murphy and if he reaches the Final that will play into Judd's hands like it has done in previous meetings between th two.

Postby snucar

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:You don't get to be a triple major winner playing marmite tactics. Shaun's had a rough ride on this forum for years.

Don't wake them up, mate. Let them live their dream.[/quote]
Last edited by snucar on 30 Apr 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Skullman

He's not marmite for sure, but it always feels like he's outclassed by the likes of Selby and Robbo when they're bringing their best safety.

Plus he has that habit of going for his shots even when they're not going in and gives away a lot of free frames.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:He's not marmite for sure, but it always feels like he's outclassed by the likes of Selby and Robbo when they're bringing their best safety.

Plus he has that habit of going for his shots even when they're not going in and gives away a lot of free frames.

Exactly Skullman that's what I'm saying, yet he says some of us dont watch snooker if we dont notice the way he thinks rofl

Anyway, Murphy having a good start.

Postby snucar

Skullman wrote:He's not marmite for sure, but it always feels like he's outclassed by the likes of Selby and Robbo when they're bringing their best safety.

That's a much more fair analysis. "Far behind" is just ridiculous. Top class player Murphy, top class.

Postby Andre147

snucar wrote:

That's a much more fair analysis. "Far behind" is just ridiculous. Top class player Murphy, top class.

Far behind was the wrong term, but he's not up there with the very best, you can clearly see that.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Image

Arrrgghhh would love to be there, just wonderful set up <cool>

Tickets on sale Monday. :lol:

Dont think I can afford them this year, but I think in 2017 I will go there. :-D