Post a reply

Re: World Championship S F 1 : Shaun Murphy v Barry Hawkins

Postby GJ

Alex0paul wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Ayrshirebhoy wrote:
Sickpotter wrote:I think Hawkins burnt himself out yesterday, Shaun much fresher.

IMO best Barry can hope for is to not be too far behind after this session. A little rest before next session certainly can't hurt.

I always feel for the guy who finishes late at night then plays the next day, wish they could have a day off.

Yes that would be much more fair.

They could always start it a bit later like 3pm and then evening at 8pm

Yes even 2pm would be better not sure why they changed it in recent years

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
GJ wrote:A day off between quarters and seems fair but barry making it a brutal sport doesn't sound like that will happen.

He's a bit obcessed with the word "brutal".

probably because hes a boxing lover

Armchair has been researching that.

Postby vodkadiet

I think 4 session semis are too long. I never like this day of the Championships. You could have a situation where a player who has won a quarter final in the early hours is playing 12 hours later against a fresh player. The session could end up 8-0 and the rest of the match is killed because of it. Far better to have the whole day off, and start the Semis Friday morning as best of 25 frame matches, and leave the final as the only 4 session match.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:I think 4 session semis are too long. I never like this day of the Championships. You could have a situation where a player who has won a quarter final in the early hours is playing 12 hours later against a fresh player. The session could end up 8-0 and the rest of the match is killed because of it. Far better to have the whole day off, and start the Semis Friday morning as best of 25 frame matches, and leave the final as the only 4 session match.

Yeah it's something to think about.

Hearn you reading this? <laugh>

Postby GJ

vodkadiet wrote:I think 4 session semis are too long. I never like this day of the Championships. You could have a situation where a player who has won a quarter final in the early hours is playing 12 hours later against a fresh player. The session could end up 8-0 and the rest of the match is killed because of it. Far better to have the whole day off, and start the Semis Friday morning as best of 25 frame matches, and leave the final as the only 4 session match.

Spot on there should be a bigger gap in frames between semis and final than quarters and semis imo

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:A day off between quarters and seems fair but barry making it a brutal sport doesn't sound like that will happen.

theres never been a day off why start now.

its battle of the fittest and the key is to win the matches easy so you get time off and less sessions.

Postby mantorok

I'm sat next to Barry Hearn and I just saw him browsing this forum and saying "hmmm, what a good idea..."

Postby barrydoherty54

I'm to blame for Hawkins. Anyone I back, falls apart.

2nd frame was a big turning around at this early stage, bloody hell make sure of the red.

Long way to go but not looking good at all.

Postby GJ

Wildey wrote:

its battle of the fittest and the key is to win the matches easy so you get time off and less sessions.

Why is there a huge jump in frames between quarters and semis when in fact the biggest jump should be between semis and final.

Postby Skullman

mantorok wrote:

I'm sat next to Barry Hearn and I just saw him browsing this forum and saying "hmmm, what a good idea..."

And then goes off to buy a ton of vodka...

Postby vodkadiet

GJ wrote:

Spot on there should be a bigger gap in frames between semis and final than quarters and semis imo

It even happened in last year's final. Selby was shattered. Otherwise he might have beaten O'Sullivan 18-8.
Last edited by vodkadiet on 30 Apr 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby mantorok

Skullman wrote:
mantorok wrote:

And then goes off to buy a ton of vodka...

pmsl

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Why is there a huge jump in frames between quarters and semis when in fact the biggest jump should be between semis and final.

Absolutely, and I never understood the idea why the Semis format is so similar to the Final.

If they do want them diferent from the Quarters, make them Best of 27 or 29, and leave the Final the ultimate test Best of 35.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:Apparently Hawkins is stayingin a cottage outside of town. I wonder why.

Because he likes the peace and quiet <ok>

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:
GJ wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Absolutely, and I never understood the idea why the Semis format is so similar to the Final.

If they do want them diferent from the Quarters, make them Best of 27 or 29, and leave the Final the ultimate test Best of 35.

semis used to be best of 31 so wild saying its the same as always is wrong

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:You wouldn't get men tennis players playing best of 5 set matches at Roland Garros 4 days in a row. Snooker needs to look at this scheduling.

I dotn think there's any other Sport in the world where a Semi-Final lasts 3 days.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Wildey wrote:

OK Longer Final but a 4 session semi final over 33 frames is short enough never herd so much bucking bullocks in my life