Post a reply

Re: World Championship S F 1 : Shaun Murphy v Barry Hawkins

Postby hendry_fan

Been very busy today,i just managed to see the last few frames of this match.

Boy,Murphys livin up to his name in this tourney,he,s playin some "magical" stuff,Shaun "The Magician" Murphy.

This is without a doubt the best he,s ever played in his entire career,he,s knockin in one Big break after the other.

If he can keep this form goin in the final,then he,s even got a chance of beatin Hendrys amazing record for makin the most centuries in the tournament.

At the moment the record stands at 16,Shaun has 11 at the mom,but of course he could make another one in the frame he needs to get to the final,plus,he has the whole final to try and make some more.

He said that he,d been puttin a lot of hard work in of last,and boy,it aint half showin.

Brilliant stuff Shaun!. :clap:

Barrys had once again a good crucible,he,ll obviously be disappointed,but he can,t really complain.

He narrowly beat Allen,13-11 in round 2,he won 2 deciders,which included an absolute top class 1/4 final against Robbo which was a terrific standard,in fact it was one of the highest standard matches in which both players produced in the same match,both played top standard stuff.

In this semi-final,ok,he did have chances throughout this match,in a best of 33,every player is gonna get chances,but he bumped into over the top on song Murphy who made way much more of his.

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:Shaun hasn't won it yet.

War Hawkins. :box:

I,ll bet you a Pizza that Shaun will beat Barry.

It,s a bit late too order it at the mom,but you can order it later today,in fact,order it at 12.00,i,ll have it for my lunch.

I,ll have a pizza "Vegetable Supreme",(Mushrooms,mixed peppers,red onions,tomato),oh and tell them to also to chuck a couple of spring onions,some sweetcorn,broccoli,a chunk of feta chesse and extra chesse on as well.

Thanks for that SnookerFan. :drool: :happy:

Postby Cue Guru

Disappointed that Smurfette has ruined my 17-6 prediction. But it will be a convincing win nonetheless. Murphy should finish the job in time for a spot of brunch.

He will then play Judd, after Judd wins 17-16. Murphy wins the final 18-14.

The Guru has spoken.

Believe in the Guru. :hatoff:

Postby vodkadiet

This match was won in the first session. The scheduling is ridiculous. The semis should be best of 25 and start on Friday morning. Players need a rest between quarters and semis.

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:So what's the biggest deficit a player has recovered from in a Crucible semi? That 2003 Doherty v Hunter match?

aye that's the only successful comeback