Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed April 29th) Quarter-Fina

Postby Cue Guru

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:Barry is playing some great stuff

Indeed. Great stuff. Playing like a champ. :hatoff:

The Worry for Robertson is Barry not missing plus Barry isnt in new territory having reached the Crucible one table set up twice beore

And beat Selby twice at the Crucible lately

Randoms can beat Selby. It's not biggie.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:I wouldn't mind Hawkins lifting the trophy. He's a class act.

Hawkins v Judd Final wouldn't be bad if I'm being honest, especially if Hawkins played like this.

This is how Hawkins played when he reached 2013 Final, only a super Ronnie could stop him there.

Postby snucar

Good morning everybody. A consideration on Ding: I think Ding has come to a very crucial point in his career. Next season will be of massive importance for him because if the downfall continues he may miss the boat once and for all like some other players have done in the past. The prime example should be Murphy's attitude before the Masters when he openly admitted that he's been left behind by other players and worked hard to close a considerable gap. Complimentary comments like Doherty's won't do him any good, someone if not Ding himself has to step up and say: you're playing like rubbish, do something because the elite players are running away from you. I'm sure Hendry, since he's involved with China's snooker and generally speaks his mind out loud might be that man.

Postby Holden Chinaski

snucar wrote:Good morning everybody. A consideration on Ding: I think Ding has come to a very crucial point in his career. Next season will be of massive importance for him because if the downfall continues he may miss the boat once and for all like some other players have done in the past. The prime example should be Murphy's attitude before the Masters when he openly admitted that he's been left behind by other players and worked hard to close a considerable gap. Complimentary comments like Doherty's won't do him any good, someone if not Ding himself has to step up and say: you're playing like rubbish, do something because the elite players are running away from you. I'm sure Hendry, since he's involved with China's snooker and generally speaks his mind out loud might be that man.

Yes, Ding needs to wake up. Hendry should have a word with him.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:i cant understand what happenen to robboe after being 3-1. peaking too early?

It's not Robbo, it's Hawkins. Barry's playing brilliant all round snooker. Outplaying Robbo.

Exactly. If this were true then you could also say Ronnie had peaked too early yesterday with 2 tons and a 80 break.

Hawkins here just too much for Robbo, same as Murphy at Masters Final.

Good sight to see <cool>

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:
snucar wrote:Good morning everybody. A consideration on Ding: I think Ding has come to a very crucial point in his career. Next season will be of massive importance for him because if the downfall continues he may miss the boat once and for all like some other players have done in the past. The prime example should be Murphy's attitude before the Masters when he openly admitted that he's been left behind by other players and worked hard to close a considerable gap. Complimentary comments like Doherty's won't do him any good, someone if not Ding himself has to step up and say: you're playing like rubbish, do something because the elite players are running away from you. I'm sure Hendry, since he's involved with China's snooker and generally speaks his mind out loud might be that man.

Yes, Ding needs to wake up. Hendry should have a word with him.

Or Ding needs a chinese version of Dr Steve Peters.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:i cant understand what happenen to robboe after being 3-1. peaking too early?

The difference to the previous two rounds is that he ran into a player who believes he can beat him and isn't intimated by Robbo's scoring and imposing demeanor.

Yet they say it's only Ronnie's opponents who are intimidated by him <laugh>

Postby snucar

The biggest damage Barry has caused to Neil is that he's has taken the fearless scoring attempts away from him. Only hard matchplay display could get Neil out of trouble now.
Last edited by snucar on 29 Apr 2015, edited 1 time in total.