Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Wed April 29th) Quarter-Fina

Postby Goldenballs147

Andre147 wrote:
Goldenballs147 wrote:I really was willing Ronnie on right up until the very end, but now that it's finally over I'm glad because I honestly don't think he could have beaten Trump in the SF, especially with the way he's been playing these last 3 months.

People are starting to see through him. Over the last few days you've had Shaun Murphy calling him the boy that cried wolf and Barry Hearn saying he wouldn't be missed if he did actually stay true to his word and retire, combine that with the fact that he's starting to lose the aura he once possessed, purely because he's just not putting the work in to keep himself as sharp as he needs to be, and Ronnie is starting to have a problem.

You can tell it's all still in there but ultimately it needs to be more consistent, and if he doesn't want to travel the world playing in every tournament he needs to practice and practice hard.

Barry went on to say that he thinks Ronnie will be around a lot longer than people think and I would tend to agree, but if Ronnie wants to continue earning proper money (chance of a little £1m bonus in a few years time >_>) then he needs to get his chimp into gear.

Good post.

He will be around for a few more years yeah, he won't give some of haters the pleasure of retiring just yet. If he puts the hours in like you say and his head is in the right place, he can more titles, not necessarly World Title, but a UK, Masters or just a regular ranking event he's still capable of doing so.

As for the 1m bit, that will only go to those who win all 4 Home Events, namely Welsh, Irish, Scottish and England Open. It will be almost impossible for a player to win all those 4 in a single season, hence World Snooker saying all that 1m thing because they certainly know no player will win all 4 in a season.

Yeah I probably should have clarified what I meant when I said that lol what I was getting at more than anything was Ronnie was complaining about prize money and how there isn't enough of it... Well now Barry has put the "bunce" on the table Ronnie can't complain so he'd be better getting his practicing socks on :)

Postby GJ

My thoughts on last night

I'm still gutted for robbo but happy for barry because its impossible to dislike such a nice lad.

What a final session best i have watched pure quality from both players.

I really hope Barry can lift the title so i hope last night hasn't taken too much out of him.

Come on the hawk

Trump v Hawkins final

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Wow, a lot of sour grapes from Robbo in his press conference rofl

Saying stuff like it looked great Barry had made 3 centuries but they all came from his mistakes and he never created his chances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chr7inaIXs0#t=103

An utterly contemptible person.

If it was Ronnie coming out with this crap he'd quite rightly get lambasted from all quarters.

get a grip

Robbo is being lambasted from all quarters (what do you think your doing) and will get more tomorrow

buck me after i wrote that i decided to have a look at that video and there was buck all wrong with what he said or the way he conducted himself in that press conference.

seriously you need to get a grip big time what did you say "An utterly contemptible person." <doh> <doh>

I didn't see the video either, clearly I should have. I just saw what Andre wrote and took it as gospel. If he didn't say those things then I hold my hands up and apologise.

I still think he's pretty dislikable for some of the other things he does.

You see i find that extremely rich coming from a Fan of Ronnie O'Sullivan

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones

Postby GJ

Classy post from Andre

1. Robbo said it in heat of moment its called passion

2.Ronnie permanently talks Bs usually about Selby

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:I'll give my honest opinion SO:

NO.

But he will I think win at least one more Masters title and possibly another UK one.

I think, the Masters is definitely the most likely one, simply because you've "only" got to win four matches to win the title and he just loves to play there. I don't think, the UK with his 128 format suits him despite having won it this season.

As for the World. Seems to be out of reach atm to be honest. I don't wanna turn this into a "decline" or "changing of the guard" debate but as Cloud said. It could be the end of an era. Maybe it is, maybe it's not. We obviously don't know in what shape he'll be next year but I think, 5 (WC's) will be his final number.

Postby Cue Guru

Cloud Strife wrote:
GJ wrote:Classy post from Andre

It's called sour grapes. <ok>

Quantas for Skippie, Quantus for Skippie!

rofl

Postby GJ

I thoroughly enjoyed the match regardless of the final outcome.

That's what a snooker fan is about and I will enjoy both semis as well.

Postby Dan-cat

GJ wrote:My thoughts on last night

I'm still gutted for robbo but happy for barry because its impossible to dislike such a nice lad.

What a final session best i have watched pure quality from both players.

I really hope Barry can lift the title so i hope last night hasn't taken too much out of him.

Come on the hawk

Trump v Hawkins final

Sorry your man went out GJ. Mine did too.

Come on Eagle-Eyed Hawkins!

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
GJ wrote:Classy post from Andre

It's called sour grapes. <ok>

Ronnie, Hendry, Davis, Higgins, Williams , and a million other players have been guilty of that long before you and me knew what a snooker table looked like.

Hardly a big deal

Postby Cue Guru

Robbo is a real spoilt ferret, a kind of androgynous Kylie Minogue, with the same level of intellect. What a dreadful loser and even worse winner. Not a drop of sportsman in the convict. What did I tell you about these convicts, they are awful. Folk here said no and then we saw his true colours in interview. Even worse will occur at the Ashes, much worse. Winning is everything to them, they lack the intellect to understand that playing for joy is the priority regardless of outcome. Same as 'my records' Hendry, utterly awful, one-dimensional airheads.

It's about time he was docked points/frames for the tactical toilet breaks/ice bucket routine because he's a parakeet.

For the sake of snooker, let's all hope for a Judd victory, believe in 7!

Alex > Jimmy > Ronnie > Judd!

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:Wild

As a neutral Is that session up there with the best you have seen st worlds ?

Absolutely one of the greatest matches and nights we have ever experienced at the Crucible

Postby GJ

Cue Guru wrote:Robbo is a real spoilt ferret, a kind of androgynous Kylie Minogue, with the same level of intellect. What a dreadful loser and even worse winner. Not a drop of sportsman in the convict. What did I tell you about these convicts, they are awful. Folk here said no and then we saw his true colours in interview. Even worse will occur at the Ashes, much worse. Winning is everything to them, they lack the intellect to understand that playing for joy is the priority regardless of outcome. Same as 'my records' Hendry, utterly awful, one-dimensional airheads.

It's about time he was docked points/frames for the tactical toilet breaks/ice bucket routine because he's a parakeet.

For the sake of snooker, let's all hope for a Judd victory, believe in 7!

Alex > Jimmy > Ronnie > Judd!

You have already shown yourself up as a racist.

Now jog on and have a nice day little boy.

Postby Dan-cat

Honestly Cue Guru. You actually believe this crap you write? Talking trash about the man that has lit this sport up for over 20 years.

Edit: misread your post as Ronnie! Still - that's toilet talk about Robbo.
Last edited by Dan-cat on 30 Apr 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby snucar

Robbo's press comments was a pretty fair analysis of the match's last session, I don't see where's the problem. Even if it sounded a bit acid, you have to take in consideration those comments came a few moments after such a match. Whoever has ever competed in snooker or pool will know and understand completely how Robbo must have felt. Too much hate around these parts.
Last edited by snucar on 30 Apr 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby GJ

snucar wrote:Robbo's press comments was a pretty fair analysis of the match's last session, I don't see where's the problem. Even if it sounded a bit acid, you have to take in consideration those comments came a few moments after such a match. Whoever has ever competed in snooker or pool will know and understand completely how Robbo must have felt. Too much hate around this parts.

Your a great addition to the forum , please dont let the mindless idiots put you off the forum

<ok> <cool>