Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 28th) Quarter-Fin

Postby Wildey

Ronnie79 wrote:Does anyone think Hawkins can run Robbo close ?

When the Pressure was on Hawkins stepped it up and played his best Snooker of the season against Allen so on hard evidence that will be a close match.

Postby GJ

Hawk is a strange one , he played great v dale then nearly bottled a huge lead same with fixor game but when it comes to the crunch he delivers same with allen match.

Will be a close match

Postby GJ

Casey wrote:Top quality line up. What do people make of Mcgill's chances?

Needs to score more consistently imo , if he does he can run murphy close.

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:Hawk is a strange one , he played great v dale then nearly bottled a huge lead same with fixor game but when it comes to the crunch he delivers same with allen match.

Will be a close match

I don't think Robbo will let him off as easily as Allen did in the latter stages of the match, but I think it wouldn't too one sided. Although, Hawkins said he was knackered by the time he reached the semis last year and having a couple of close matches, so we'll see.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Casey wrote:Top quality line up. What do people make of Mcgill's chances?

After his match against Selby I have a lot of faith in him. He'll have to play his very best to do it, but he can definitely win. He has to keep it tight and don't leave Murphy too many chances 'cause Murphy's long potting is superb.

Postby Wildey

Ronnie79 wrote:Robertson is playing unreal at the mo 7 tons is savage. According to Hendry he is in the final already no need to play quarters or semis according to him. Murphy would have something to say about that

Yea unlike other BBC Pundits Hendry does speak his mind.

No fannying about with him.

Postby GJ

boris_the_butcher wrote:I'm sorry but Ali is a pussycat and rolls over for the top players. Don't hand Robbo the title yet you muppets.

Seeing as every comment you make is anti robbo I will take it with a pinch of selt ;-)

Postby boris_the_butcher

GJ wrote:
boris_the_butcher wrote:I'm sorry but Ali is a pussycat and rolls over for the top players. Don't hand Robbo the title yet you muppets.

Seeing as every comment you make is anti robbo I will take it with a pinch of selt ;-)

Not every comment. I liked his sky blue shirt the other day.

Postby Skullman

He twitched from 4-1 up at the UK, lost 6-0 in World Grand Prix when ROS was mediocre at best and also got his bottom handed to him 13-4 when they met in 2013 and cocked up chance after chance there as well.

Postby GJ

Agree with skull Bingham has got worse v Ronnie in recent times so even if he gets in front can only see him collapsing again.

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:He twitched from 4-1 up at the UK, lost 6-0 in World Grand Prix when ROS was mediocre at best and also got his bottom handed to him 13-4 when they met in 2013 and cocked up chance after chance there as well.

Don't forget though that this was one of the best matches ROS probably ever played in the crucible. Everytime Bingham made a mistake, he was punished as heavily as possible. I mean, in the first session ROS won all frames in one visit and that destroyed Bingham.

I can see the same happening here if Ronnie gets a good start again but other than that, it could be a lot closer than people might expect. Can't see Ronnie losing this but a result like 13:10 or 13:11 is not impossible.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Many people already writing Bingham off. Strange as he was was only one frame away from beating Ronnie in the semi finals of the second biggest ranking tournament less than 5 months ago.

I think It might be closer than some expect, but I agree with Skull, sooner or later Bingham will start to squander his chances.

Postby Skullman

I will reserve judgment. Seen far too many 'match of the rounds', and match ups declared 'classics' before a ball is potted to fall for the hype anymore.

Plus, I end up enjoying a match more. If I expect a classic and end up being an alright match, the disappointment sours the match.

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Hawkins v Robertson is another fascinating match up. In a regular tournament I would make Neil a big favourite but the Hawk in his Crucible form is a tough cookie. Let's not forget that he beat Mark Selby in 2012 and 2013 here.

we shall see <ok> :-)

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:I will reserve judgment. Seen far too many 'match of the rounds', and match ups declared 'classics' before a ball is potted to fall for the hype anymore.

Plus, I end up enjoying a match more. If I expect a classic and end up being an alright match, the disappointment sours the match.

But nothing is topping a hyped match that also really delivers....