Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 28th) Quarter-Fin

Postby Andy Spark

Skullman wrote:I go with Robbo with sheer amount of rankers won outweighs with Cliff's slightly greater major tally. Plus Robbo has the triple crown, while Thorburn hasn't.

Slightly iffier with Ding, I admit, as he lacks a World Championship.

Maybe, on the subject of nationalities, I was looking back at all the Canadian players who used to play at the Crucible, there were more than many think, Canadian snooker is a mere shadow of it's former self. :-(

Postby Muppet147

Clara8633 wrote:
Skullman wrote:I think Muppet was referring to Bingham being destroyed?

Yes. What I meant was, he wouldn't be destroyed if he met Ding because the latter always finds it extraordinarily difficult against him.

Don't worry. Ding won't be there. He will be royally thumped by your favourite player Trump.

Postby Clara8633

Muppet147 wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:
Skullman wrote:I think Muppet was referring to Bingham being destroyed?

Yes. What I meant was, he wouldn't be destroyed if he met Ding because the latter always finds it extraordinarily difficult against him.

Don't worry. Ding won't be there. He will be royally thumped by your favourite player Trump.

Of course I won't worry. As if Tramp winning/losing has anything to do with me :chuckle:

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:I found it quite ironic these quotes from Robbo:

http://www.worldsnooker.com/red-hot-rob ... es-carter/

"Last year I peaked a bit too early, this time I’m building up nicely."

rofl Errmmm, Robbo seems to be oblivious to the fact he has by far played the best stuff of tournament so far.

Just because he's playing the best out of anyone doesn't necessarily mean he's playing his peak stuff. He's pretty close, but personally I think he played better last year from what I've seen.

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:

rofl Errmmm, Robbo seems to be oblivious to the fact he has by far played the best stuff of tournament so far.

Just because he's playing the best out of anyone doesn't necessarily mean he's playing his peak stuff. He's pretty close, but personally I think he played better last year from what I've seen.

I agree he played great v allen in last session then still only lost a close 1 to Selby so he has more to come <ok>

Postby Muppet147

GJ wrote:
Skullman wrote:

I agree he played great v allen in last session then still only lost a close 1 to Selby so he has more to come <ok>

Robbo has an easy draw this year (thanks to Selby's failure). Would be surprised if he doesn't make the final.

However, can see Trump or Ronnie teaching him a snooker lesson in the final. <ok>

Postby hendry_fan

Tuesday 28th of April

10am

Anthony McGill v Shaun Murphy Murphy leads 3-0

I obviously hope,but i also really think he can pull it off and beat Murphy.

Ding Junhui v Judd Trump Ding leads 6-5

In this one i,m gonna go for Trump.

I think Trump is so fired up for this one,not that Ding also isn,t,but i just have a feelin that he,ll edge out Ding.

2:30pm

Barry Hawkins v Neil Robertson Robertson leads 7-5

Robbo,s been the man of the tourney so far,but the BIG question is,can he keep this excellent form up.

Even if he goes down a gear,i still think he,ll be too much for Hawkins.

Stuart Bingham v Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 11-2

We all know how Stu normaly performs against Ronnie and i can,t see him performin any diffrent in this match,if it was another tourney,maybe,but not at the worlds.

It would be buckin brilliant if he were to prove me and millions of others wrong though. :-D
His only real chance,ll be,if he bumps into an off,or offsong-ish Ronnie and he produces his A game.
He really does have to produce his A game,a B+ won,t be enough.

My preferences to win are (pretty much) who i think will win,....

,.....McGill,Trump,Robbo and Bingham.

I like Ding,but i,d rather that Trump would win,simply due to the fact that he,d have a better chance of beatin Ronnie.

Dings improved,no doubt,but i just think he,d lose,or even crumble against Ronnie.

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:“When the draw came out and I saw I could play Ali if we both got through the first round, I thought it was the hardest second round match I could have had,” said 33-year-old Robertson.

Wtf neil. Is he mad?

A bit like Paul Hunter, I guess. Nobody likes bating the guy who had cancer.

Postby SnookerFan

Okay, here are my proclamations.

Murphy and McGill is 50/50. People will say it's not, but they said he had no chance of beating Selby.

Judd Trump will beat Ding.

Neil Robertson will make the final.

Ronnie O'Sullivan will not beat Trump. And if he does, he won't beat Robertson.

These are all certain. You might as well stop watching the tournament now.

Postby Clara8633

SnookerFan wrote:Okay, here are my proclamations.

Murphy and McGill is 50/50. People will say it's not, but they said he had no chance of beating Selby.

Judd Trump will beat Ding.

Neil Robertson will make the final.

Ronnie O'Sullivan will not beat Trump. And if he does, he won't beat Robertson.

These are all certain. You might as well stop watching the tournament now.

I don't think Trump is playing well enough to beat ROS. In fact, his match against Ding will likely be a close one.