Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 28th) Quarter-Fin

Postby AC or LT?

So who is going to get it? I'd like McGill match to go on to lift the trophy seen as:

Trump's an arrogant pretentious basher and that handshake
Robertson's an aussie and was out of order with that unanswered points thing
O'Sullivan's a self-obsessed bad sportsman and that sock/chalk chimp thing
Ding has no realistic chance of defeating Trump and had a spat this tourney with
Bingham is a journeyman who's not worthy of a WC and had a spat this tourney with^
Hawkins is a decent player, but I still don't think he's the best in the world
Murphy seems to think kicks are to blame for everything and wears offensive waistcoats.

Postby GJ

boris_the_butcher wrote:
Skullman wrote:If Bingo could beat ROS and Trump back to back and then Murphy/Robbo/Hawkins, he'd deserve the title.

anyone who wins deserves the title of world champion. apart from robbo in 2010.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Postby Skullman

AC or LT? wrote:So who is going to get it? I'd like McGill match to go on to lift the trophy seen as:

Ding has no realistic chance of defeating Trump and had a spat this tourney with
Bingham is a journeyman who's not worthy of a WC and had a spat this tourney with^
Murphy seems to think kicks are to blame for everything and wears offensive waistcoats.

That's a rubbish reason.

Postby Cue Guru

AC or LT? wrote:So who is going to get it? I'd like McGill match to go on to lift the trophy seen as:

Fair enough, and your idol is Ebdon?
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby snucar

Let's push this Bingham world champion discussion even further. Can you imagine what a great story would be winning it and successfully defending it next year. Stuart Bingham: the man who broke the curse!

Postby AC or LT?

Skullman wrote:

That's a rubbish reason.

You'll see I provided another one, I actual really like Robbo's style of play but don't want him to win this year.

Postby LC

I understand that it would be deserved by the fact that they had beaten all before them, it's just I see Bingham / Hawkins as journeyman who've been around for ever, where as the others are multiple winners of tournaments who play the highest level a world champion should, apart from McGill who's is the out of nowhere contender

Postby Cue Guru

snucar wrote:Let's push this Bingham world champion discussion even further. Can you imagine what a great story would be winning it and successfully defending it next year. Stuart Bingham: the man who broke the curse!

Just imagine the film about his rise in 3-D.

Postby Pink Ball

That's not nice

Postby Skullman

LC wrote:I understand that it would be deserved by the fact that they had beaten all before them, it's just I see Bingham / Hawkins as journeyman who've been around for ever, where as the others are multiple winners of tournaments who play the highest level a world champion should, apart from McGill who's is the out of nowhere contender

Well if they win they definitely won't be journeymen anymore, and considering they're already amongst the top players in the world now, hard to see how they can be defined as journeymen.

Postby AC or LT?

snucar wrote:Let's push this Bingham world champion discussion even further. Can you imagine what a great story would be winning it and successfully defending it next year. Stuart Bingham: the man who broke the curse!

And in a similarly likely hypothetical lets discuss the possibility of Fred Davis and Walter Donaldson rising from their graves to compete at next years world championships, reaching the final to be reffed by a avian version of superman and playing the whole match on a medieval banquet table dressed as romans, with the eventual winner being decided by a samurai fight to the death with their cues..

Postby Cloud Strife

AC or LT? wrote:

And in a similarly likely hypothetical lets discuss the possibility of Fred Davis and Walter Donaldson rising from their graves to compete at next years world championships, reaching the final to be reffed by a avian version of superman and playing the whole match on a medieval banquet table dressed as romans, with the eventual winner being decided by a samurai fight to the death with their cues..

Fencing cues..... pmsl

Postby Cue Guru

boris_the_butcher wrote:did robbo pot a ball to avoid a some sort of dubious record? that's bang out of order.

Yes, his ego could not cope with the unanswered points record. Unsporting to say the least. But this comes from the land of under arm bowling no less.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie79 wrote:I have no problem with what Robertson done. No one else in the game would have bothered. Why would he want an unanswered points record

I agree.

If this were Ronnie I would have loved if he did the same thing.

Having sais this, even if Robbo had conceded, Hawkins was still 19 points away from the record, so no garantees he would have had next session.

Postby Andy Spark

The pockets are buckets this year, play a ball to the far jaw and it will fall in. They need to tighten up the pockets generally.

Also they need to generally slow down the cloth speed! It's no wonder they haven't got many young players coming through when they have in economic terms, what amounts to, a barrier to entry. A young player has to get used to judging pace entirely differently. Now we have players like Judd playing long deep screw shots that aren't even available on the club tables that the young kids practice on. It's all terribly unfair.