Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Tues April 28th) Quarter-Fin

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:I have no problem with what Robertson done. No one else in the game would have bothered. Why would he want an unanswered points record

I agree.

If this were Ronnie I would have loved if he did the same thing.

Having sais this, even if Robbo had conceded, Hawkins was still 19 points away from the record, so no garantees he would have had next session.

It has come to my attention that the 467 Willie said was incorrect. I've double checked and Hawkins only 410 points in a row, 76 away from beating the record. The 19 points figure was my mine and came from the stupid assumption that Willie Thorne knew what he was talking.

Won't happen again.

Postby Andy Spark

Skullman wrote:
It has come to my attention that the 467 Willie said was incorrect. I've double checked and Hawkins only 410 points in a row, 76 away from beating the record. The 19 points figure was my mine and came from the stupid assumption that Willie Thorne knew what he was talking.

Won't happen again.

Willie Thorne is an idiot. He upsets people too, with all his ignorant rubbish. Once he accused a ref of not knowing the rules (the ref did know the rules, it was Willie that didn't), this caused the ref to confront him angrily backstage. I also remember him having a real go at Clive Everton one year, actually live on air! All Clive had said was that there "were two types of snooker player, those that had one the World Championship and those that hadn't".

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andy Spark wrote:The pockets are buckets this year, play a ball to the far jaw and it will fall in. They need to tighten up the pockets generally.

Also they need to generally slow down the cloth speed! It's no wonder they haven't got many young players coming through when they have in economic terms, what amounts to, a barrier to entry. A young player has to get used to judging pace entirely differently. Now we have players like Judd playing long deep screw shots that aren't even available on the club tables that the young kids practice on. It's all terribly unfair.

I agree, the speed of the cloth seems a bit silly these days.