Post a reply

Random Question Attack!

Postby SnookerFan

Anybody ever been to the Pond's Forge to watch the World Championship Qualifying?

As you're now expected to book tickets to The Crucible a year in advance, and also because I've been going for every year for a decade, I'm considering something different just on a one year trial basis. For years I've talked about going to see Crucible Qualifying, but it's always a bit close to The Crucible. (Finishing a few days before The Crucible starts.)

Anyone been? An enjoyable experience? How easy is it to get tickets, and can I book them online beforehand?

Re: Random Question Attack!

Postby ScottCorno

Tickets can be bought as late as you want, advertising them on sale, even on the day.

Went in 2014, thought the ability to pick and choose between multiple tables was excellent; can easily sit between tables and keep up with a couple of matches.

Very different from the Crucible (naturally) but well worth it, no more than a tenner ticket price as well, if I remember correctly.

Postby SnookerFan

ScottCorno wrote:Tickets can be bought as late as you want, advertising them on sale, even on the day.

Went in 2014, thought the ability to pick and choose between multiple tables was excellent; can easily sit between tables and keep up with a couple of matches.

Very different from the Crucible (naturally) but well worth it, no more than a tenner ticket price as well, if I remember correctly.

:hatoff:

Lucky wrote:I have no idea.

:bird:

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:I've never been but would love to go.

Putting up with each other for two tournaments a year might be a bit much.

Postby sundaygirl

Going further a field may be my only option if I want to see Matthew play again, hope I am wrong but can't see him playing at the Masters any time soon :(

Postby SnookerFan

AC or LT? wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:I've never been but would love to go.

Putting up with each other for two tournaments a year might be a bit much.

Jeez, your nice.

I bet you say that to all the boys.

Postby SnookerFan

Right.

I've done it. Tickets for next year's Crucible have been on sale for more than 9 hours, and I haven't booked them. By 10am last year, I'd booked tickets and had my hotel sorted.

At 9am I felt kind of relieved, like a person who has retired from a job they love. Will miss it, but knows I've made the right decision. Now I'm sweating like an addict that has come off a drug. I can't miss The Crucible next year, surely....

But I've taken the plunge, I shall probably go to Sheffield to Pond's Forge arena next year. Watch some of the qualifying. See what that's all about.

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:Right.

I've done it. Tickets for next year's Crucible have been on sale for more than 9 hours, and I haven't booked them. By 10am last year, I'd booked tickets and had my hotel sorted.

At 9am I felt kind of relieved, like a person who has retired from a job they love. Will miss it, but knows I've made the right decision. Now I'm sweating like an addict that has come off a drug. I can't miss The Crucible next year, surely....

But I've taken the plunge, I shall probably go to Sheffield to Pond's Forge arena next year. Watch some of the qualifying. See what that's all about.

You'll regret it

Postby Clara8633

SnookerFan wrote:Right.

Are you really, really sure about this?

Postby SnookerFan

Alex0paul wrote:You'll regret it

Quite possibly.

But it's one year trial. And attending the qualifiers is an unticked ambition.

Postby SnookerFan

Slight change of plan.

Booked tickets for the opening day, but will stop there. Booked into a cheapo hotel. Saved myself a bit of money. Plan to go up for the opening day or two at Pond's Forge also. rofl

Best of both worlds.