Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Mon April 27th) Last 16 !!

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:How do we see McGill coping with murphy , the lad seems confident but murphy can bully and intimidate with his brutal long potting so I feel ants needs a good start.

Needs to play good safety, but Murphy has looked a bit loose all championship, only hasn't faced anyone who's been able to punish consistently.

Plus the advantage of someone who takes so many on, is that they're bound to miss more and leave chances than tighter players.

Postby Holden Chinaski

GJ wrote:How do we see McGill coping with murphy , the lad seems confident but murphy can bully and intimidate with his brutal long potting so I feel ants needs a good start.

I think it could be a cracking match and McGill has every chance to win. I'll be rooting for McGill for sure!

Postby GJ

Trump did squander a big lead v robbo last year and Marco forced a decider from 9-15 down to ebdon in 2006 so theres mileage left in this match ......

Postby GJ

armchair de critique wrote:

That will be a great match as will BJ vs Ding. <ok>

aye the only match which I see being 1 sided Ron v Bingham <ok>

Postby armchair de critique

GJ wrote:

possibly not, Bingham has beaten ROS before and I don't think he is that intimidated by him

Postby GJ

Rexy

The score line flattered him v dotty though graeme was awful

He needs a 5-3 lead minimum to have a chance or Ronnie will steam roll him like in 2013

Postby armchair de critique

GJ wrote:Rexy

The score line flattered him v dotty though graeme was awful

He needs a 5-3 lead minimum to have a chance or Ronnie will steam roll him like in 2013

yep, the Dotty match could and should of been totally different, no way is Bingham that much better than Dotty. Agree first session is crucial for Bingham, not so for ROS.

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:

possibly not, Bingham has beaten ROS before and I don't think he is that intimidated by him

I Agree Ronnie has to do more than Turn up

Postby Pink Ball

GJ wrote:

I get the feeling he might get a tougher game than what many expect.

Postby Cloud Strife

Skullman wrote:
armchair de critique wrote:possibly not, Bingham has beaten ROS before and I don't think he is that intimidated by him

Recent matches suggest otherwise.

In the UK Bingham said he started to think about the final when he went 4-1 up and that caused him to tense. I don't think it was playing Ronnie in particular that made him collapse, he would have done the same against anybody.

Postby GJ

mantorok wrote:Does anyone else get irritated when Murphy stays down on the shot for ridiculous amounts of time?

I think players do that as they think for some reason the pot is more likely to go in <laugh> rofl