Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sun April 25th) Last 16 !!

Postby PLtheRef

GJ wrote:What's the record for most centuries by an individual player throughout the worlds ?

16 by Hendry 2002

14 by Higgins in 1998 by a player who went on to win the tournament that year

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sun April 26th) Last 16 !!

Postby Roland

What's the consensus on topics and locking them? Obviously active topics would look more congested if they remained unlocked but then it cuts off chat and kills some conversations. I'd rather keep everything open.

Oh and cheers Wildey for saying I looked like a bulldozer had ran into me. Must've been when I had the hangover after a Wizards Tour of one pub

Postby Skullman

Roland wrote:What's the consensus on topics and locking them? Obviously active topics would look more congested if they remained unlocked but then it cuts off chat and kills some conversations. I'd rather keep everything open.

Oh and cheers Wildey for saying I looked like a bulldozer had ran into me. Must've been when I had the hangover after a Wizards Tour of one pub

I think Wild normally locks them in the morning and people can just carry on in the start of the next day's thread. Plus if you look, today's thread has already gone quiet and we've all moved here. Normally not a problem for me.

Postby Skullman

Roland wrote:Logistically only when not watching snooker but I'll try. Have to admit the mobile version is not user friendly.

So, everyone enjoying it so far?

Been a bit quiet on the high drama front after Hawkins v Selt, but I've mostly enjoyed the second round and Hawkins causes some more drama again.

Not a big fan of Hawkins but he knows how to keep a crowd entertained. Bet he wishes he didn't though <laugh>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Roland wrote:Logistically only when not watching snooker but I'll try. Have to admit the mobile version is not user friendly.

So, everyone enjoying it so far?

It's really great this year. A couple of new good posters and some old returning (Smart :bowdown: ).

It's always busy regardless who's playing and it makes it quite enjoyable to hang out here.

Postby Wildey

Roland wrote:What's the consensus on topics and locking them? Obviously active topics would look more congested if they remained unlocked but then it cuts off chat and kills some conversations. I'd rather keep everything open.

Its too messy having all topics open un modable and all over the shop its much tidier if we move current conversation in to the current thread rather than having 16 days still open

Postby Roland

But if you read through something a couple of days later and someone says something you want to quote reply, you can't. I just did it without realising because I had MOD POWER and found out it was locked afterwards.

How do most people find the topics to chat in? Do you use Hot Topics or the active topics button or the main menu of forums? I'm an active topics man

Postby Roland

Wildey wrote:Plus you have snookerfan bumping them up from nowhere when hes snake hissed

Yeah and creating half of the Snooker Island twitter updates with a topic title and no content.

Postby Wildey

Roland wrote:But if you read through something a couple of days later and someone says something you want to quote reply, you can't. I just did it without realising because I had MOD POWER and found out it was locked afterwards.

How do most people find the topics to chat in? Do you use Hot Topics or the active topics button or the main menu of forums? I'm an active topics man

id like to move the post you commented on in to this thread then conversation flows.

if you have different conversations going on in different threads its not fluant.

Postby biisk

Roland wrote:But if you read through something a couple of days later and someone says something you want to quote reply, you can't. I just did it without realising because I had MOD POWER and found out it was locked afterwards.

Well as someone who just joined a week ago, I can tell you I really like that 'Active Topics' button.

Postby Roland

biisk wrote:

Well as someone who just joined a week ago, I can tell you I really like that 'Active Topics' button.

Yes I see you play in a lot of these events. Don't worry about being anon, I believe you and don't need verification. Just don't go all Clague on us :redneck:

Postby Roland

If you go to the link on Hot Topics it takes you to the WC topics and current days play is top sticky topic. Therefore keeping them unlocked shouldn't cause any issues from that angle. Active topics is where people notice but then :shrug: they die away eventually unless something is worth talking about

Postby biisk

Roland wrote:
biisk wrote:

Yes I see you play in a lot of these events. Don't worry about being anon, I believe you and don't need verification. Just don't go all Clague on us :redneck:

I'm basically a nobody. But I did play my fair share of matches on those tables and just wanted to give my honest opinion on the matter. <ok>

Postby Roland

Anyway, morning and evening matches both very tasty. Joe Perry is being talked up form wise so let's see if he can handle Murphy, and Fu and Judd battling to see who will take on Ding next. Don't write Fu off in that although Judd will be favourite.

Postby Skullman

It's been blatantly obvious that the pockets are more generous in some events (BBC events, although I personally think the likes of Australia and China are pretty decent), but obviously no idea about non-TV tables in PTCs.

Postby Skullman

Roland wrote:Anyway, morning and evening matches both very tasty. Joe Perry is being talked up form wise so let's see if he can handle Murphy, and Fu and Judd battling to see who will take on Ding next. Don't write Fu off in that although Judd will be favourite.

Judd just seems like the kind of guy Marco seems to struggle to outclass, like Murphy. It's telling that they both rarely lose to him in big events. Especially since Judd's got a lot tighter recently.

Postby Roland

You're a nobody but you've come somewhere where people here will have heard of you or maybe seen you play. It's good to have more people with experience of playing in these conditions to educate those who only see it on TV.

Postby biisk

Roland wrote:You're a nobody but you've come somewhere where people here will have heard of you or maybe seen you play. It's good to have more people with experience of playing in these conditions to educate those who only see it on TV.

Well I'm an amateur who tried to qualify for the Tour for the last 4 years or so and failed.
So I consider myself the same as the rest of you guys because in the end, we're all posting here.