Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sun April 26th) Last 16 !!

Postby Muppet147

boris_the_butcher wrote:I don't think ROS is getting to the SFs this year. He looks uncomfortable being there and can see Bingham giving him more to deal with than he's mentally willing to give.

As for Ding, Trump is in a better place to get to the final. I'm not convinced a win over a hapless John Higgins has changed DIng into a bona fide crucible contender. Trump beat him three years ago when he didn't have a safety game to speak about. He'll do it again. How many times has Ding been 'ready' to win this event and then faltered?

Bingham will be destroyed 13-4 or 13-5.

Postby SnookerFan

armchair de critique wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Regarding Ding, I still have a few nagging doubts. The way he struggled to finished Higgins was a worry. If he was playing a Judd, a Ronnie or a Robertson and the match was close, he couldn't afford to do all that.

Saying that, in the first session against Mavis he was chronic. The fact that he came back to win was impressive. Mavis is no mug, and if you play badly and beat him, well. That's what champions are made of. Hopefully it gave him some Crucible confidence.

He doesn't get through the second round that often. If he can win one more match, get into only his second semi-final, you never know. Maybe my doubts will start to ease.

IF ONLY DING had beaten Judd in that WC semi, I am fairly sure Ding would of beaten Higgo and maybe gone on to mini-dominate. Ding is that good. However as we know Judd won the semi and lost the final.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:buck sake, I wanted to watch Shaun Murphy. But both interactive and Eurosport are showing the London marathon.

you like endurance running ??

(and people in funny costumes) ?? :wave:

I'm surprised anybody likes watching endless hours of peoples running. What's fun about that?

If the most entertaining part of a sporting event is that you see somebody dressed as Bananaman, then it's just twiddle in my opinion.

Postby armchair de critique

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:buck sake, I wanted to watch Shaun Murphy. But both interactive and Eurosport are showing the London marathon.

you like endurance running ??

(and people in funny costumes) ?? :wave:

I'm surprised anybody likes watching endless hours of peoples running. What's fun about that?

If the most entertaining part of a sporting event is that you see somebody dressed as Bananaman, then it's just twiddle in my opinion.

:emb:

Postby hendry_fan

I,m very disappoonited in you SnookerFan.

The least you could,ve done is to have taken part in the marathon. :roll:

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:I agree with SF would rather watch Murphy/Perry
So think I may watch that on the website with the red button elite marathon on telly.

I mean, I get I could go upstairs and watch it on my parent's computer. (Still dog watching.) But, bugger it. I'd rather watch on telly.