Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sat April 24th) Last 16 !!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:So, basically, at 34, I'm one of the eldest members of this forum.

Im 44 so your just a pup lol

Whilst we're not on the subject, did I see you say on Twitter that you'd been to The Crucible this year?

Yea

i just wished i could stay there longer.

i was there to see Ding first Match Monday and Tuesday

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Slightly more hassle than needed, but Ding nicks the frame for 10-7. Five in a row now.

More Hassle but he potted some Pressure balls that must give him confident

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:That first session was really grim, weren't it? I saw a bit of that on the big screen outside the arena.

By that point I'd seen eight sessions and was a bit snookered out.

I Could have bumped in to you and didnt know you lol.

I Met Matt, Monique, Paul Mount, Sarah Mount and our Chief Roland.

Snookerbacker was having Breakfast with Steve Davis so i missed out on meeting him.

Postby SnookerFan

I left pretty quickly after Robertson finished, as I'd seen 60 frames by then...

I got a pint from the Old Monk, watched a couple of frames of Ding, ran into Roland, then went back to my hotel to carry on drinking, half watching snooker and striking out in my attempt to flirt with the barmaid.

Postby snucar

SnookerFan wrote:
snucar wrote:It's time to pack things up, John.

Let's not go that far. He did just win a Rankin event in February, and is playing slightly better than he was.

Might as well go for one more.season, see what he can do?

It's John Higgins we're talking here. A massive player. That ranker means nothing, it was just a fluke. Playing slighlty better than crap doesn't suit his greatness IMO.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:I left pretty quickly after Robertson finished, as I'd seen 60 frames by then...

I got a pint from the Old Monk, watched a couple of frames of Ding, ran into Roland, then went back to my hotel to carry on drinking, half watching snooker and striking out in my attempt to flirt with the barmaid.

Yea Roland did look like a Bulldozer had ran in to him lol

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I left pretty quickly after Robertson finished, as I'd seen 60 frames by then...

Yea Roland did look like a Bulldozer had ran in to him lol

The first time I ran into Monique, I walked up to her and went; 'Want to take my photo?'. She didn't recognise me. I think she thought I was some perv.

Postby Skullman

SnookerFan wrote:What's Taylor waffling on about? He saw five frames where one of the players didn't score a point.

So what?

I think the implication that the play was good enough that one player was able to freeze the other when winning the frame, not in bits and pieces like this session is.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:I think Higgins has no chance now but if he was trying to win, he'd have to get to 10 before Ding reaches 12 to have any chance.

Hes all over the place at the moment