Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sat April 24th) Last 16 !!

Postby Cloud Strife

Casey wrote:Very frustrating to watch, apart from the chance to go 12-8 up he didn't do much wrong in that session, just couldn't get the fluency.

What game were you watching? Didn't do much wrong?

He was twitching and messing up good chances all over the place.

Postby armchair de critique

Hawkins press comment:

"Looking forward to the match vs probably Robbo. Think I have the game to trouble him, and I wont take any of his non-sense regarding coughing, ice rattling. I play the table and just the table. Think I got his number, bring it on Robbo - you aint nothing son."

Sounds confident does Baz. <ok>

Postby snucar

Snooker Overdrive wrote:When Barry plays at the Crucible he turns into a real beast.

Indeed, his record over the past three years has been impressive. Only Ronnie has done better than him.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

armchair de critique wrote:Hawkins press comment:

"Looking forward to the match vs probably Robbo. Think I have the game to trouble him, and I wont take any of his non-sense regarding coughing, ice rattling. I play the table and just the table. Think I got his number, bring it on Robbo - you aint nothing son."

rofl :clap:

Postby Casey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Casey wrote:Very frustrating to watch, apart from the chance to go 12-8 up he didn't do much wrong in that session, just couldn't get the fluency.

What game were you watching? Didn't do much wrong?

He was twitching and messing up good chances all over the place.

Hawkins had 200 odd points without reply. Apart from the chance to go 12-8 up he didn't have a clear run in any of the frames apart from the last were it was twitch city. Hawkins upped it when it most matterd so fair play, although he got away with one big time missing the green and going safe.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:a player who lost from 5-0 up against nigel at the Uk

wins from 8-11 behind lol

When Barry plays at the Crucible he turns into a real beast.

Indeed. But that doesn't stop the ROS haters from saying he was an easy opponent in the final.

Postby Pink Ball

armchair de critique wrote:Hawkins press comment:

'I wouldn't even be that surprised if Ali came through that. Robbo's a good man to blow a good lead. I don't really rate him, if I'm being honest.'.

Postby hendry_fan

Just saw the final frame between Hawkins n Allen.

I predicted than Allen would win and it was lookin good for him,but fair play To Hawkins.

The final frame both squandered chances,especially Allen,he had a good few bites at the cherry.

What a pink he took on though,can,t get more attackin than that.

I,d of prefered Allen to win as he,s been due a decent run,especially in this tourney,he had a great chance here against Hawkins,he lead most of the time,but once again just could,nt get over the line. :|

Postby snucar

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Why is Allen considered a good pressure player by the way? OK he can pull off a good long pot under pressure every once in a while but he's losing all the close and important matches, isn't he?

Well said, that's exactly the reason i never take him seriously as a player. Way overrated.
Last edited by snucar on 25 Apr 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Casey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Why is Allen considered a good pressure player by the way? OK he can pull off a good long pot under pressure every once in a while but he's losing all the close and important matches, isn't he?

He has very much so, this season anyway. Missing out on those two ranking finals earlier in the season has really set him back. His career is now at a cross roads, with just two ranking titles to his name he really needs to go up a gear. It's now or never.

Postby Skullman

Paddpotter wrote:How can the BBC justify their commentary team? really is making me mad right now

BBC seems to want ex-pros who've vaguely achieved in the game/ are easily recognisable to the casual viewer, never mind what their ability to commentate is...

Postby Paddpotter

Skullman wrote:
Paddpotter wrote:How can the BBC justify their commentary team? really is making me mad right now

BBC seems to want ex-pros who've vaguely achieved in the game/ are easily recognisable to the casual viewer, never mind what their ability to commentate is...

They know nothing literally? The only person I learn something from is \hendry.

Postby TheRocket

You could say that the real breakthrough is just not happening. Winning two relatively small rankers and reaching just one Major final (UK 2011) is relatively poor for someone who has big ambitions.

I think, he has a small chance to win one UK or Masters but the World? Can't see it happening.