Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sat April 24th) Last 16 !!

Postby Casey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Casey, did you just change your favourite player from Allen to Hendry? :chin:

I made some profile updates but it should be Allen and Hendry.

Hendry is the reason I got into snooker, massive fan of his. Allen is my favourite active player.

Postby Andre147

33 pages for this huh <laugh> I only watched the afternoon session, I knwo the other results already.

I'll try and scroll througH a few pages and also some highlights action of the morning and evening matches.

Did Ronnie play well to have a 5-3 lead or Stevens just poor?

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:33 pages for this huh <laugh> I only watched the afternoon session, I knwo the other results already.

I'll try and scroll througH a few pages and also some highlights action of the morning and evening matches.

Stevens good to go 2-0. Ronnie definitely improved in his five frame burst and was the better player, but not completely clinical and the chances were there for Stevens to make it closer but he didn't take them. Then Stevens had a good frame at the end to close to 5-3.

Can't see Stevens winning.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:33 pages for this huh <laugh> I only watched the afternoon session, I knwo the other results already.

Good to see you again <ok> :-)

Stevens started very well and went 2-0 in front. In the third frame Ronnie lost his temper for a second and bashed his cue against the table after missing a red. After that he clearly improved and played some good snooker. Ronnie won 5 in a row, including a steal on the final black. Stevens took the last one. Overall Ronnie had a very high pot success and didn't miss any easy balls but he couldn't win a frame in one visit. But he made a century at least.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Good to see you again <ok> :-)

Stevens started very well and went 2-0 in front. In the third frame Ronnie lost his temper for a second and bashed his cue against the table after missing a red. After that he clearly improved and played some good snooker. Ronnie won 5 in a row, including a steal on the final black. Stevens took the last one. Overall Ronnie had a very high pot success and didn't miss any easy balls but he couldn't win a frame in one visit. But he made a century at least.

He did some Mags action then rofl apparently that must have inspired him, unlike when Mags does it.

I'll watch some highlights of it, tomorrow I have total day free so will definately be around here.

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:I change my "snooker idol" frequently at this time of year but only to reflect my preferred winner out of those players still in the tourne.

How fickle of you.

(Says the man with somebody completely not involved with snooker as his.) rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Clara8633 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:This just in.

Mark Allen claims that people from Kent always parakeet. "They're worse than the bloody Chinese," said Allen.

<doh>

That was a joke, by the way.

Says a lot though, if you actually thought that this was a legitimate Mark Allen quote.

Postby armchair de critique

SnookerFan wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:This just in.

Mark Allen claims that people from Kent always parakeet. "They're worse than the bloody Chinese," said Allen.

<doh>

That was a joke, by the way.

Says a lot though, if you actually thought that this was a legitimate Mark Allen quote.

rofl

Postby GJ

simplysnooker wrote:Football today so will miss most of today's play, but hope to find out Ding is through and Carter's pulled off an 8-0 lead at the end of his first session!

:cracker: