Topic locked

Re: World Championship (Thurs April 23rd) Last 32 & Last 16

Postby TheSaviour

This last 16 stage always starts to be a really good. Always a lots of a very good and experienced players have already been knocked out during the earlier stages. Like this years people like Peter Ebdon, Liang Wenbo, Jimmy White or Ken Doherty. So even they have managed to overcame their disappointed now, and they can just simply enjoy the snooker during and from this last 16 stage since all the players still in in it are so good and are always bound to play some magical and a good snooker. First you do feel a bit sorry for the some players already been knocked out and probably they had to take a few too many to overcame the disappointed.

I watched those 147s efforts from Ricky Walden, Ronnie O´Sullivan and Ding Junhui. 13 reds and 13 blacks, but those last two reds are always going to be the most difficult to make, aren´t they.. Lot´s of overrunning from Ding. Still think he will beat John Higgins..

Postby SnookerFan

AC or LT? wrote:Say this every year but why can't they play the L32 in the afternoon and move on to the L16 in the evening?

I think they just don't want to run the risk of there not being much play during the afternoon.

What if both last 32 games had 8-1 scorelines over night? There'd be a chance there was less than an hour's play on both tables.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

AC or LT? wrote:Say this every year but why can't they play the L32 in the afternoon and move on to the L16 in the evening?

It's pretty simple. As it is we have a concluding match every session and if these two matches are already pretty much decided as it is the case today we can watch both of the more interesting last 16 matches.

The only question I have: why not 3 sessions today?

Postby AC or LT?

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

It's pretty simple. As it is we have a concluding match every session and if these two matches are already pretty much decided as it is the case today we can watch both of the more interesting last 16 matches.

Because they want the tournament to finish on bank holiday Monday and as such need a couple of 2 session days he and there.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

AC or LT? wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Because they want the tournament to finish on bank holiday Monday and as such need a couple of 2 session days he and there.

That's another problem right there. Bank holiday is a British thing and for the sport to grow it's counterproductive that the biggest snooker day of the year is taking place on a regular weekday for mainland Europe and many other countries.

Postby AC or LT?

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

That's another problem right there. Bank holiday is a British thing and for the sport to grow it's counterproductive that the biggest snooker day of the year is taking place on a regular weekday for mainland Europe and many other countries.

Erm, May Day isn't exactly a British thing...

Postby Snooker Overdrive

AC or LT? wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Workers'_Day
Last edited by Snooker Overdrive on 23 Apr 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Has anybody else noticed how all the referees are men this year?

I mean, I know Michaela has left. But no Tatiana. No Maike Kesseler.

And whilst we're on the subject. Did Ivy retire, or something? I've not seen her in what seems like a couple of years?

Postby armchair de critique

SnookerFan wrote:Has anybody else noticed how all the referees are men this year?

I mean, I know Michaela has left. But no Tatiana. No Maike Kesseler.

And whilst we're on the subject. Did Ivy retire, or something? I've not seen her in what seems like a couple of years?

there was another Chinese lady in the qualifiers but yes where is IVY ??? :sad:

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Could not agree More

its pretty stupid holding the final day of THE WORLD Championship when the Rest of the World is Working as normal.

Postby Wildey

AC or LT? wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

May Day in other parts of the World falls on 1st of May this year that is Friday.