Topic locked

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sun April 19th) Last 32 !!

Postby hendry_fan

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:
Wildey wrote:Cant say i remember Ronnie, Jimmy White or Alex Higgins smiling during a match.

its true thou, sporting scots do seem a very sour bunch, hendry, monty, murray, dalglish.

I dunno what other Scots are like when they,re playin,but i,m the very same.

You should see my face when i play snooker,you,d think i,d just heard that someone :rip:.

I love a laugh,but when i play snooker i don,t like lauging,i don,t like talkin neither,as it really spoils my concentration.

I remember once when i played a woman who just joined our club,it was the very first time we played,after the first frame was over which i thankfuly won,we started the 2nd,and after a few shots into the 2nd frame,she suddenly asked me in a shyish voice,"are you alright?".
I looked at her and asked,"how do u mean?",she then replied,"you look kinda sad",i then burst out laughin and then said,"me sad,nah,i,m always like this,(when i play snooker that is"). <laugh>
We finished the frame,played after that another,then we had a drink and a laugh together at the bar.

I told her,that when i play snooker,i play snooker,i,ve tried to sometimes laugh,exchange a few words during play,but it does,nt work,one laugh,a few words here n there leads to others which then totally spoils my concentration. :roll:

On the table i,m a miserable,sad,sour faced lookin being,but off,the sour face becomes a happy,sweet one. :-D

Postby Wildey

Sunday 19th of April

10am

Barry Hawkins 7-2 Matthew Selt
Marco Fu 10-6 Jimmy Robertson

2.30pm

Neil Robertson v Jamie Jones
**Ricky Walden 4-5 Graeme Dott

7pm

**Stephen Maguire 3-6 Anthony McGill
**John Higgins 6-3 Robert Milkins

Postby Andre147

sundaygirl wrote:I think it is going to go the distance
I would have preferred Ricky had drawn any other qualifier than Dott and if he was playing anyone else I would be rooting for him

So you're saying you're rooting for Dotty? :shock:

EDIT: Sory I misunderstood what you said, if Dotty was playing anyone else you would be rooting for him, but of course against your favourite player you have to side with him.

Postby GJ

gallantrabbit wrote:Don't think many will be upset that Selt is getting a tonking. Not sure why he suddenly thinks he's a contender...cos he knows Hendry?? Experience counts for a lot at the Crucible and Selt is way short. No class that boy.

<ok> :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

Muppet147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Don't think Jones will trouble Robbo here too much.

10-5 win for Robbo is my bet.

Hopefully, Jamie will take this 10-8.

A Milkins result is unlikely to happen twice. Robbo would have to be pretty poor for it to happen.

Postby Muppet147

Andre147 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Don't think Jones will trouble Robbo here too much.

10-5 win for Robbo is my bet.

Hopefully, Jamie will take this 10-8.

A Milkins result is unlikely to happen twice. Robbo would have to be pretty poor for it to happen.

Well, I said 'hopefully'...

Robbo is going to be tough to beat. I'd rather he got to the final than Selby so maybe a good idea for him to stay in the competition.

Postby Andre147

Robbo's poor results this recent months have been in part due to him being so negative at times. He needs to get his attacking game back and defend when he needs to defend. That's when he's at his best and that's the type of game that will see him win another Worlds.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Robbo's poor results this recent months have been in part due to him being so negative at times. He needs to get his attacking game back and defend when he needs to defend. That's when he's at his best and that's the type of game that will see him win another Worlds.

Absolutely.

hes thinking what can go wrong all the time and its cost him a lot

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Great this chinese red is reffing the Robbo match.

He's one of the best ones from China so happy WS gave him this chance.

I miss Ivy though.

I have always wondered about how you determine how good a referee is? By counting their mistakes and the ones that make the least are the best?

Well yes it can be tricky at times, but basically yes the ones who make less mistakes and above all are confident on their decisions and don't get into silly arguments with the players are usually the ones that are considered best suited for high profile matches.