Post a reply

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sat April 18th) Last 32 !!

Postby PoolBoy

PoolBoy wrote:The graphic's not actually correct - unless it updates as the frame progresses. 71 points does not mean your opponent needs snookers when there are still more than that available!?

Thank god for that! It is different, depending on the current break being built! Thought they'd made a schoolboy error!

Postby E.F.

armchair de critique wrote:
E.F. wrote:I don´t see any problem with the graphic...it is simple and it is not distracting me.

don't change something which is not broken, basic rules of life <ok>

It is sometimes hard with new things. But sometimes people just don´t like changes under any circumstances. I will give you an example from another sport. Many years I was watching biathlon live score in flash scoreboard. Then they created new silverlight scoreboard and everyone was mad that they changed for worse etc etc etc...later after years they created another one very similar to the old one and I realized that I just can´t stop using the silverlight one suddenly.

Sometimes you simply need a time to get used to it.

However if I won´t see number, just like it was in the last frame, it would be useless.

Postby hendry_fan

Fergal O'Brien holds a record,...........,............

"also holds the honour of being the only player in history to hit a century break in his very first frame played at the Crucible. Despite this, his best run at the World Championship was only reaching the quarter-final".

:From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Maflin probably did,nt know that,or maybe he did,added a bit more pressure. :-)
Last edited by hendry_fan on 18 Apr 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Skullman

hendry_fan wrote:Fergal O'Brien hold a record,...........,............

"also holds the honour of being the only player in history to hit a century break in his very first frame played at the Crucible. Despite this, his best run at the World Championship was only reaching the quarter-final".

:From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Maflin probably did,nt know that,or maybe he did,added a bit more pressure. :-)

Wouldn't have been his first frame anyway. Needed to be very first frame.