Topic locked

Re: Crucible Countdown 2015

Postby Andre147

Clara8633 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:SELBS vs MAFO

Banana skin for the defender of the curse!

At least I got one right on my predicts :pal: :pal: :D

They weren't predictions.

for me they were :-D

Postby Clara8633

Andre147 wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:SELBS vs MAFO

Banana skin for the defender of the curse!

At least I got one right on my predicts :pal: :pal: :D

They weren't predictions.

for me they were :-D

It was pure luck though.

Postby Andre147

Allen v Day and Mags v McGill also have potencial to be real upsets there.

Some great openning round matches.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie v Steadman huh.... not the toughest because he's a debutant, but also could have been easier... but what I am saying, Ronnie will probably serve a good old thrashing :-D

Postby armchair de critique

Vallomas wrote:Zhanger's run of luck is over. Come on, Joe, thrash the Chinese Lawler! :happy:

:-( >-( :no:

Zhanger will fight the Group Leader with all his might. I look forward to battle being joined. :clap:

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:Can somebody confirm the draw? :?

Never mind. Got it.

Mark Selby v Kurt Maflin

Stephen Maguire v Anthony McGill

Joe Perry v Zhang Anda

Shaun Murphy v Robin Hull

Barry Hawkins v Matthew Selt

Mark Allen v Ryan Day

Ali Carter v Alan McManus

Neil Robertson v Jamies Jones

Ding Junhui v Mark Davis

John Higgins v Rob Milkins

Marco Fu v Jimmy Robertson

Judd Trump v Stuart Carrington

Ricky Walden v Graeme Dott

Stuart Bingham v Robbie Williams

Mark Williams v Matthew Stevens

Ronnie O’Sullivan v Craig Steadman

Postby SnookerEd25

I make that 13 ties announced on SI, 3 to come? Fu, Higgins, & someone else

Postby Wildey

Last 32 Draw

Mark Selby v Kurt Maflin
Stephen Maguire v Anthony McGill
Joe Perry v Zhang Anda
Shaun Murphy v Robin Hull
Barry Hawkins v Matthew Selt
Mark Allen v Ryan Day
Allister Carter v Alan McManus
Neil Robertson v Jamie Jones
---------------------------------------------------------
Ding Junhui v Mark Davis
John Higgins v Robert Milkins
Marco Fu v Jimmy Robertson
Judd Trump v Stuart Carrington
Ricky Walden v Graeme Dott
Stuart Bingham v Robbie Williams
Mark Williams v Matthew Stevens
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Craig Steadman

Postby Andre147

World Snooker really did manage to screw that up didnt they pmsl how hard can it be to run things smoothly...

Anyway, we have the draw now, and as I said some very interesting first round ties.

Postby Andy Spark

I got up early so I could see the draw live and World Snooker didn't show it. :-( The snooker world is just full of idiots. >-(

Postby Clara8633

I'm disappointed that Tramp gets Carrington instead of a tougher opponent. I was hoping Davis would be his opponent instead of Ding's, who could do with an easier R1 match than that.

ROS's opponent is also a bit too easy (not that any of the others are difficult for him). It won't be like a match since he'll just thrash his opponent 10-3 or 10-4. These two matches are the least interesting ones I think.

Postby Andre147

Clara8633 wrote:I'm disappointed that Tramp gets Carrington instead of a tougher opponent. I was hoping Davis would be his opponent instead of Ding's, who could do with an easier R1 match than that.

ROS's opponent is also a bit too easy (not that any of the others are difficult for him). It won't be like a match since he'll just thrash his opponent 10-3 or 10-4. These two matches are the least interesting ones I think.

Carrington or Robbie Williams would have been even easier in my opinion, Jimmy Robbo too, but yeah not a bad oponent to have first round.

As for Selby, it's good he has a first round proper test, I know Maflin is a debutant but I think he'll give a very good account of himself.

Postby Dan-cat

The Ronnie match will mainly be interesting to see what mental shape he's in. If he's focussed, plays for snookers, doesn't moan at Monique the excellent photographer, is nice to the ref....

...then the rest of the field are bucked. :)

Postby Andre147

The upsets I can see happening:

McGill beating Mags
Hull beating Murphy
Selty beating Hawkins
Day beating Allen
McManus beating Ali
Mavis beating Ding
Dotty beating Walden
Stevens beating MJW

Postby mantorok

I haven't been keeping up with the draw but is there a chance of a Trump/Ronnie final by any chance?

Postby Andre147

Well Dotty and Mavis winning wouldn't be too much of an upset.

Poor old Ding didn't get an easy first round opponent... that's what you deserve Ding after having a horror season :wave:

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:I haven't been keeping up with the draw but is there a chance of a Trump/Ronnie final by any chance?

they can only meet at semis, like in 2013.

Postby Clara8633

Andre147 wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:I'm disappointed that Tramp gets Carrington instead of a tougher opponent. I was hoping Davis would be his opponent instead of Ding's, who could do with an easier R1 match than that.

Carrington or Robbie Williams would have been even easier in my opinion, Jimmy Robbo too, but yeah not a bad oponent to have first round.

As for Selby, it's good he has a first round proper test, I know Maflin is a debutant but I think he'll give a very good account of himself.

Somehow I expect Selby to get to the QFs this year. Maflin won't be easy but I doubt he'll cause an upset.

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:
mantorok wrote:I haven't been keeping up with the draw but is there a chance of a Trump/Ronnie final by any chance?

Ok, still could be interesting if they get that far, I have Trump down as favourite for the WC this year, unless Ronnie has been doing some serious preparation of course.

Postby armchair de critique

Zhanger starts Wednesday morning, and his first session with Perry coincides with ROS final session, so conceivably if ROS beats Steadman comfortably the curtain will go up and Zhanger/Perry will have the arena to themselves....... :cracker: <cool> :bowdown:

Postby Clara8633

Andre147 wrote:

Excellent :-D

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:The upsets I can see happening:

McGill beating Mags
Hull beating Murphy
Selty beating Hawkins
Day beating Allen
McManus beating Ali
Mavis beating Ding
Dotty beating Walden
Stevens beating MJW

Stevens wont be beating Williams this side of the next total eclipse.