Topic locked

Re: Betfred World Championship Qualifying Rnd 2(April 12th-1

Postby randam05

armchair de critique wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:The next Pinch of Selt may be rather interesting

did you notice that the ref was different in the 2 sessions, was the lady that scared / intimidated with what he did (smashing the balls in that fit of rage).....? <ok>

I did notice and wonder aswell...surely not?

Postby armchair de critique

randam05 wrote:

did you notice that the ref was different in the 2 sessions, was the lady that scared / intimidated with what he did (smashing the balls in that fit of rage).....? <ok>

Its very odd, because as far as I am aware a ref will officiate the whole of a match, not just 1 session. She must of been shook up by it, which is sad.

Postby Wildey

Michael White 2-5 Craig Steadman
Cao Yupeng 3-1 Anthony McGill
Tian Pengfei 1-3 Jamie Jones
Gerard Greene 0-4 Mitchell Mann
Andrew Pagett 0-4 Alan McManus
Ryan Day 6-2 Alex Davies
Jak Jones 2-2 Jack Lisowski
Stuart Carrington 4-0 Peter Ebdon
Igor Figueiredo 2-1 Rod Lawler
Mike Dunn 2-2 Yu Delu
Fraser Patrick 1-4 Graeme Dott

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:The feel-good factor of winning the Indian Open will be flushed right down the toilet if White fails to qualify for the Crucible.

it would be devastating

Postby darloboy

randam05 wrote:

Its very odd, because as far as I am aware a ref will officiate the whole of a match, not just 1 session. She must of been shook up by it, which is sad.

I've been at the qualifiers for most of the week and the refs have done only one session of a match quite a lot, some refs also swap during a session of it's a long drawn out session and the same ref has another match to officiate in the next session. That has also happened several times this week

Postby armchair de critique

darloboy wrote:
randam05 wrote:

I've been at the qualifiers for most of the week and the refs have done only one session of a match quite a lot, some refs also swap during a session of it's a long drawn out session and the same ref has another match to officiate in the next session. That has also happened several times this week

thanks for clarification, that's a new one for me <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:I've been out all weekend. Who has been smashing their balls at a female ref?

When Michaela refereed, she busted YOUR balls when you misbehaved.

S-E-L-T-Y

See, I was just saying he was a bit of a bellend.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:Apparently Dominic Dale and Barry Hearn have been bickering of Twitter.

please elaborate Mr S/fan :hatoff: :hankey:

Dale made some comment about the format of a tournament, and Hearn went "I'm the boss of snooker... Waaah!"