Topic locked

Re: Betfred World Championship Pre Tournament Discussion !!!

Postby AC or LT?

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:less than 48 hours before the Qualifying at Sheffield and the Draw is still not known to the players even.

Disgusting.

How can the player's properly prepare for matches?

It is a bit ridiculous, the china open should have really been finished last Sunday to give ample prep time..

I suppose the Hearn school of thinking would be you should be preparing for the table not the opponent or some rubbish like that.

Postby AC or LT?

Clara8633 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:I suppose the Hearn school of thinking would be you should be preparing for the table not the opponent or some rubbish like that.

What's wrong with that?

If you draw Peter Ebdon or Fergal O'Brien it's probably useful to touch up on you're safety game, if you've got an up and coming fast player or Jimmy White, Drago etc you may want to practice your keeping the buck offer the table.

Re: Baic Motor China Open Final Discussion !!!

Postby Clara8633

AC or LT? wrote:The crucible curse should be banned as a discussion topic on this forum until after the World Champs. It's a pile of nonsensical superstition.

I wouldn't mind that at all. The so-called curse is starting to sound ridiculous to me now and mentioned way too many times. There's already a topic about it so why no continue to post all about it there?

Postby Muppet147

Clara8633 wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:The crucible curse should be banned as a discussion topic on this forum until after the World Champs. It's a pile of nonsensical superstition.

I wouldn't mind that at all. The so-called curse is starting to sound ridiculous to me now and mentioned way too many times. There's already a topic about it so why no continue to post all about it there?

I believe in the curse. Poor Selby will lose either 10-1 or 10-2 in the first round, depending on who he draws.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wildey wrote:Andre did say before Selby did win it and i quote "Selby will never win the World Championship because he gives too much in to every shot he would burn out over WC Distance."

And you said in 2013 that Ronnie won't get anywhere near the final ;-)

yea i did say that

Postby Clara8633

Muppet147 wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:

I believe in the curse. Poor Selby will lose either 10-1 or 10-2 in the first round, depending on who he draws.

Alright then, I'll quote your ridiculous prediction once his R1 match finishes. Then the poor person will be you.

Postby Muppet147

Clara8633 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:

Alright then, I'll quote your ridiculous prediction once his R1 match finishes. Then the poor person will be you.

Not really. If he wins, he's just doing the expected. If he loses, then I am shown to be a genius.

Postby Clara8633

Muppet147 wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:

Not really. If he wins, he's just doing the expected. If he loses, then I am shown to be a genius.

Even if he loses, it won't be 10-1 or 10-2, so you will be seen as far from a genius.

Why don't you enter a prediction contest to prove your excellent prediction skills? :chuckle:

Postby Muppet147

Clara8633 wrote:
Even if he loses, it won't be 10-1 or 10-2, so you will be seen as far from a genius.

Why don't you enter a prediction contest to prove your excellent prediction skills? :chuckle:

To be honest, I've entered a couple of those contests and I usually get bored and forget to continue.

However, I may enter the next one just to show what great insight I have.

Postby AC or LT?

Muppet147 wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:

To be honest, I've entered a couple of those contests and I usually get bored and forget to continue.

There's one for these qualifiers, be true to yer word muppet.

Postby Muppet147

AC or LT? wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:

There's one for these qualifiers, be true to yer word muppet.

I will wait till the real thing starts.

Postby randam05

Skullman wrote:
randam05 WC wrote:BEHOLD, RANDAM IS BACK FOR THE WORLDS.

Hello everyone, how is it going? :-)

Hey Randam, all fine. Kept up with this season's snooker going ons?

PS Did you forget to give you WC to Savo? :no:

I havent missed a thing, although ive been so busy with uni and so on, luckily our landlord installed a new tivo box with recording on it so i record anything I miss and catch up later on! I will be very busy in the first week of the worlds as its the last week at uni, but ill record and miss as little as possible :-D

Is someone doing a qualifiers predictions?

Postby AC or LT?

randam05 WC wrote:
Skullman wrote:
randam05 WC wrote:BEHOLD, RANDAM IS BACK FOR THE WORLDS.

Hello everyone, how is it going? :-)

Hey Randam, all fine. Kept up with this season's snooker going ons?

PS Did you forget to give you WC to Savo? :no:

I havent missed a thing, although ive been so busy with uni and so on, luckily our landlord installed a new tivo box with recording on it so i record anything I miss and catch up later on! I will be very busy in the first week of the worlds as its the last week at uni, but ill record and miss as little as possible :-D

Is someone doing a qualifiers predictions?

Cloud Strife is.

Postby AC or LT?

Really disappointed to See Hendry, Parrot, Griffiths, Reardon, Taylor, Johnson and Thorburn not enter. Looks the only former WC to take up the WC is Davis would've presumably qualified under his general tour wild card anyway? What was the point in that rule if no-ones benefited from it?

Postby kolompar

And the international wild cards: Ivaylo Pekov, Hans Blanckaert, Rodion Judin, Ong Jia Jun :|
Plus Lukas Kleckers, that's ok, he's a good player.
Dave Harold, Ratchayothin Yotharuck, Cao Xinlong, Rouzi Maimaiti, Ju Reti, Ryan Clark, Liu Chuang (that's surprising), Khaled Belaied, Steve Mifsud not in the draw.
Then just Q-school top ups.