Post a reply

Reanne Evans watch

Postby SnookerFan

I've had people who don't know much about snooker ask me about Reane, and her attempt to qualify for The Crucible. The men who've asked are interested because she's a pretty female. The women have asked, just because it's nice to see a woman do well in sport.

So, for no other reason than she's bringing interest, I propose a Reanne Evans watch thread. How do people see her results going? Will she qualify? How will she do should she make the venue?

Discuss it all here.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 03 Apr 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Reanne Evans watch

Postby Skullman

Your friendly neighbourhood mod has fixed it for you.

On topic, it's looking unlikely, considering how few wins she had when she was on tour, especially if she gets one of the dangerous qualifiers like Milkins, White or Mavis.

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:Your friendly neighbourhood mod has fixed it for you.

On topic, it's looking unlikely, considering how few wins she had when she was on tour, especially if she gets one of the dangerous qualifiers like Milkins, White or Mavis.

That's my concern.

I'm seeing four first round matches in Sheffield, and I'd love her to be involved in one of them. But it seems unlikely to me she'll be playing at all. :sad:

Postby Skullman

It's not really segregated, any woman player can play on tour, it's just getting through Q-School.

Postby AC or LT?

Skullman wrote:It's not really segregated, any woman player can play on tour, it's just getting through Q-School.

I know what you're saying but for most of them it's more viable to play the womens tour.

It just seems a shame that more women aren't able to break on to the tour, given the absolute lack of exposure in the women's game. My mum actually asked me the other day "do you ever get female snooker players?" It's pretty tragic that in 2015 the sport is still that one-gender dominated.

Postby GJ

The crafty midget will have too much for her

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:"Reanne Evans watch"

Mickey Mouse was reportedly seen wearing a Reanne Evans watch. <ok>

Nobody was seen caring.

Postby SnookerFan

[quote="GJ"]The crafty midget will have too much for her[/quote]

I hope not, or this thread will be a bit pointless.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
GJ wrote:The crafty midget will have too much for her

I hope not, or this thread will be a bit pointless.

always was a bit pointless.

Reanne had to be lucky to get a top 80 seed out of form and if she would have won her first match she would be slaughtered in the next round.

shes not used to playing players of this standard never mind over best of 19s.

Postby Roland

Makes me sick seeing tweets and comments disrespecting Reanne and criticising her inclusion in the event. As it happens she's got a tough draw in Ken Doherty who would be favourite against pretty much all the players ranked outside the top 64 so although I'd love her to shove it to the chauvinists I think she'll be hard pressed to win her first match. I'll be rooting for her all the way and hope she grabs one of the Q School spots this time around because she's plenty good enough to get on tour.

Postby darloboy

I think her weekend appearance in Snookerbacker demonstrated why she isn't cut out for the pro circuit. For a 10 time world champion to be beaten fairly easy by amateurs, I don't really think she is good enough to get on tour and maintain a place.

Postby randam05

I think when you witness watching her in person, as we have, you really can see the quality she holds. Her cue action and breakbuilding is excellent. Its a shame she has such a tough experienced draw in Ken.

Didnt she have a great win against tepchaiya last season or somehting if I remember? So she can do it. I just dont think she could do it consistently over 19 frames but I hope she can!

Ill be rooting for her and hoping she will atleast put on a great fight. Also very glad its streamed!

Postby Roland

As she points out here http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/snooker/31725821 and in the interview I did with a couple of years ago the 2 year card she received was spent getting used to the conditions and surroundings. I bet she's itching to give it another go and would fare much better this time around.

Yes Randam she's great to watch close in isn't she? Plays with such grace around the table.

Postby darloboy

If she was pro standard she would be wiping the floor with these amateurs.

And she has won once against a male pro (excluding 6 reds) - so that puts her on a par with Ahmed Saif, who is the laughing stock of the tour. Had she beaten a few male pro's fair enough, but when she qualified for Wuxi she got beat by a Chinese teenager in the wild card round then sulked about having to play in that round.

If she beats Ken this week I will hold my hands up, however if she wins mor than 3 frames I will be pretty amazed.

Postby Skullman

Well she's probably better than the other non-pros they've invited.

As an aside, what's her safety like? Despite not playing in the men's game much, I doubt she'll be tied in knots by Kendo like some new tour pro considering her years on the women's tour.

Postby darloboy

Skullman wrote:Well she's probably better than the other non-pros they've invited.

As an aside, what's her safety like? Despite not playing in the men's game much, I doubt she'll be tied in knots by Kendo like some new tour pro considering her years on the women's tour.

Agree some of the other non-pros are plucked out of thin air. Mike Dunn must be rubbing his hands at his draw.

She is definitely more entitled than a lot of the other invited players, but surely having all these non-pro's (Reanne included) is devaluing the event.

Postby darloboy

Roland wrote:Troll alert

On what basis? That a newbie has an opinion that not everybody may like?

I've not been defamatory just stating opinions. If I become abusive or defamatory I could understand this comment, however I have been neither on this forum.

Postby Skullman

Can't see how it devalues the event any more than having those pre-qualifiers with ex-pros who hadn't resigned their memberships. Plus without them, the flat 128 draw would be full of byes which isn't any better.

Postby darloboy

Skullman wrote:Can't see how it devalues the event any more than having those pre-qualifiers with ex-pros who hadn't resigned their memberships. Plus without them, the flat 128 draw would be full of byes which isn't any better.

The ex-pros is a joke. Should not be allowed.

The only justifiable one's to make it to 128 in my opinion are the Q school guys who came top of the rankings of those who didn't get tour cards. There is at least some basis to them being there.

Apparently each PTC host got to choose a player to receive an invitation too, nice and transparent that!

Postby Roland

It's called promoting the event by inviting star names and growing the game by inviting nominations from those countries.

Darloboy your views on Reanne and the amateurs come across as ignorant if you're not simply trolling to get a response.

Anyway this is going off topic, stick to Reanne

Postby darloboy

Roland wrote:It's called promoting the event by inviting star names and growing the game by inviting nominations from those countries.

Darloboy your views on Reanne and the amateurs come across as ignorant if you're not simply trolling to get a response.

Anyway this is going off topic, stick to Reanne

I'm not trolling like I said above the amateurs via Q school deserve to be there if there is places to be filled. When I tweeted a pro yesterday about his draw, and he confessed he knew little or nothing about his opponent, then it just feels as if it is devaluing it slightly.

My views on Reanne remain, however I will be there in person when she is playing Ken, so I may get a pleasant surprise.