Post a reply

Re: World Championship Final : Shaun Murphy v Stuart Bingham

Postby Ayrshirebhoy

Dannyboy wrote:http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/prestatyn-slur-snooker-champion-sparks-9183780

Haha.

You know I heard him say that and just assumed he meant they were very tough places to play, not that they were rubbish holes. Best not to say anything these days. Someone always gets offended.

Postby vodkadiet

masterdoctorgenius wrote:so it should be. money is secondary.

well, ronnie texted him afterwards. surprise.

In 2013 Bingham texted OSullivan to say "Well played on beating Barry".

Probably not...

Postby Wildey

Ayrshirebhoy wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/prestatyn-slur-snooker-champion-sparks-9183780

Haha.

You know I heard him say that and just assumed he meant they were very tough places to play, not that they were rubbish holes. Best not to say anything these days. Someone always gets offended.

yea its just unbelievable.

btw it was maybe still is a bit of dump they not played there since 2009/2010 season when Barry Hearn took over but they are trying to re generate the town apparently

Postby vodkadiet

masterdoctorgenius wrote:so it should be. money is secondary.

well, ronnie texted him afterwards. surprise.

He said in his text "You got lucky Bingham. I am going to make sure I am seeded 16 next year so you better win your first round match, so I can give you the beating you deserve. Don't run scared".

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Still cant believe bingham is wc.

Still can't believe you don't believe Bingham is WC. :wave:

I can't believe that you don't believe, that masterdoctorgenius doesn't believe that Bingham is the world champion. :wave:

Postby Clara8633

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Still can't believe you don't believe Bingham is WC. :wave:

I can't believe that you don't believe, that masterdoctorgenius doesn't believe that Bingham is the world champion. :wave:

:chuckle:

True, I still can't believe Bingham is wc either. But I'm happy he is.

Postby Wildey

If Anyone deserves a World Title its Stuart Bingham whenever theres a Pro Am Bingham was there no matter what part of the World it was being played.

When the tour goes over to Australia or china Bingham is in the draw and he embraces the culture and goes site seeing and not moaning that hes got nothing to do he goes out there and find something to do.

He will be at the World Cup in June alongside Mark Selby representing England in Wuxi and he will again enjoy that experience like he has enjoyed Most things since he turned pro.

Postby mantorok

Did you watch the 2006 final? Most people switched off it was that bad, if you missed it, watch it now and then decide if you still can't believe Bingham is WC :wave:

Bingham was classy all week, played at the top of his game at the right time and was rightfully crowned WC - the best man won, get over it.

Postby Muppet147

mantorok wrote:

Did you watch the 2006 final? Most people switched off it was that bad, if you missed it, watch it now and then decide if you still can't believe Bingham is WC :wave:

Bingham was classy all week, played at the top of his game at the right time and was rightfully crowned WC - the best man won, get over it.

I watched the 2006 final. I take issue with your observation that most people turned off. The great British public loves an underdog and many were gripped by the game.

Postby PoolBoy

There's no such thing as 'the great British public'.
The 'great' in GB means large. Historically, to differentiate from the similarly named Britain (Bretagne) in France, which was smaller. Britain in France, now Brittany, was smaller, geographically.
The Britain on the opposite side of the channel, was named Big Britain, Large Britain, Great Britain, Greater Britain, Huge Britain.....etc, before (great) Britain became commonly used.
It certainly does not mean that the public of Britain are 'great' - as in wonderful.
Astounding how many people, think there's a 'great British public'!

Postby Clara8633

PoolBoy wrote:There's no such thing as 'the great British public'.
The 'great' in GB means large. Historically, to differentiate from the similarly named Britain (Bretagne) in France, which was smaller. Britain in France, now Brittany, was smaller, geographically.
The Britain on the opposite side of the channel, was named Big Britain, Large Britain, Great Britain, Greater Britain, Huge Britain.....etc, before (great) Britain became commonly used.
It certainly does not mean that the public of Britain are 'great' - as in wonderful.

pmsl

Postby Muppet147

Astounding how many people, think there's a 'great British. public'!

Thanks for your input. I think I was being slightly ironic when I referred to them as great.

Postby SnookerFan

Important clarification. Thanks for that. :wave:

Postby Andre147

pmsl

Postby Alex0paul

SnookerFan wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:All the idiots cheering on Bingham last night have got their drab, one sided final

Just rewatching it. It’s gone 8-4 to Murphy and I think my prediction was right