Topic locked

Re: Betfred World Championship (Sun April 19th) Last 32 !!

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:Well done Ants. Shame you'll be losing next round.

Haha many said the same about Kurt and he only narrowly lost 10-9.

Kurt still lost though, didn't he? :john:

Maflin choked when he got to 9 and couldn't finish off the match. That's always been the main problem of the Underdogs. McGill at least doesn't seem to have that kind of problem.

However. Selby obviously is still the favourite.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:This clearance gives me some hope that McGill can cause an big upset in the next round.

Yes I want to believe in that as well.

He can't afford to make some of the mistakes he made against Mags when he faces Selby, but yeah he has every chance.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:This clearance gives me some hope that McGill can cause an big upset in the next round.

He can't afford to make some of the mistakes he made against Mags when he faces Selby, but yeah he has every chance.

McGill has another advantage against Selby: all the pressure is on Mark. Anthony already reached his goal by winning a match at the Crucible now he can relax and see what happens.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Skullman Fun Fact: Only two other players have made a century in a Crucible decider.

Griffiths v Higgins 1979 QF. Went on to win tournament.

Ebdon v White 1996 L16. Made it to the final.

So according to patterns does this mean Ants will reach the Final? :john:

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

McGill has another advantage against Selby: all the pressure is on Mark. Anthony already reached his goal by winning a match at the Crucible now he can relax and see what happens.

The Pressure will be on McGill to re produce that.

Remember Wasley last year beating Ding 10-9 then he couldn't live up to that against Dominic Dale losing 13-4

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wildey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

The Pressure will be on McGill to re produce that.

Remember Wasley last year beating Ding 10-9 then he couldn't live up to that against Dominic Dale losing 13-4

I disagree. 2 major differences:
- Wasley played with Dale an outsider just like himself and he really must have fancied his chances. The situation would be comparable if McGill would now play Maflin.
- McGill has more experience and is more mature than Wasley. I think it was Wasley's first good run while McGill already reached a quarter final at the UK beating Higgins and nearly beating Ronnie.