Post a reply

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Final Discussion !!!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I hope it doesn't stay this way. The second quarter is an absolute joke.


That 4th quarter doesn't look too bad from Ronnie's perspective.


It's pretty much perfect. However I don't want MJW to go out to Ronnie once again.


Would be funny (NOT) if MJW won his first Crucible match against Ronnie. MJW himself says Ronnie potencially cost him 2 or 3 World Titles, and who knows had he beaten him, esoecially in 2006, how far he could have gone.


He would have given Dott a much tougher match, that's for sure! A shame Ronnie lost his head in that match.

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Final Discussion !!!

Postby Paddpotter

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Paddpotter wrote:It's quite obvious that some of you on here know nothing ...ffs I'm out


Trust me, these guys you're talking about know a lot about snooker :-D More than you do I dare saying.


I said some mate? Don't take things so personal. you guys are so fragile

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Final Discussion !!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Paddpotter wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Paddpotter wrote:It's quite obvious that some of you on here know nothing ...ffs I'm out


Trust me, these guys you're talking about know a lot about snooker :-D More than you do I dare saying.


I said some mate? Don't take things so personal. you guys are so fragile


Mate, you sound upset. What's bothering you?
Last edited by Cloud Strife on 23 Mar 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Final Discussion !!!

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Who thinks Trump is now the main contender for the World Title this year?


I don't know but I always have the feeling that there is something lacking about his game. His game just doesn't give you the confidence so that you can really say that he's the main favourite. He can play great stuff at times but then turns into a player with no arms. Overall to much up and downs in my eyes.

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Final Discussion !!!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Who thinks Trump is now the main contender for the World Title this year?


I don't know but I always have the feeling that there is something lacking about his game. His game just doesn't give you the confidence so that you can really say that he's the main favourite. He can play great stuff at times but then turns into a player with no arms. Overall to much up and downs in my eyes.


All the contenders have weakness this year. Anyway I'll open a main contenders thread in the World Championship section shortly.

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Final Discussion !!!

Postby Paddpotter

Cloud Strife wrote:
Paddpotter wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Paddpotter wrote:It's quite obvious that some of you on here know nothing ...ffs I'm out


Trust me, these guys you're talking about know a lot about snooker :-D More than you do I dare saying.


I said some mate? Don't take things so personal. you guys are so fragile


Mate, you sound upset. What's bothering you?


Never take me seriously mate unlike some of the psyc jobs on here

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Final Discussion !!!

Postby Skullman

TheRocket wrote:I think, Selby will be reaching the final. The only players who can beat an in-form Selby are in the second half of the draw.


Key part of that is 'in form'.

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Final Discussion !!!

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Who thinks Trump is now the main contender for the World Title this year?


I don't know but I always have the feeling that there is something lacking about his game. His game just doesn't give you the confidence so that you can really say that he's the main favourite. He can play great stuff at times but then turns into a player with no arms. Overall to much up and downs in my eyes.


All the contenders have weakness this year. Anyway I'll open a main contenders thread in the World Championship section shortly.


That's true. However. If Trump has to win it, he'll probably have to beat Allen, Robertson, Ronnie and then there's still the final. It doesn't get much tougher than that. If he plays Selby in the final , that would be like the toughest route ever.

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Final Discussion !!!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Who thinks Trump is now the main contender for the World Title this year?


I don't know but I always have the feeling that there is something lacking about his game. His game just doesn't give you the confidence so that you can really say that he's the main favourite. He can play great stuff at times but then turns into a player with no arms. Overall to much up and downs in my eyes.


All the contenders have weakness this year. Anyway I'll open a main contenders thread in the World Championship section shortly.


That's true. However. If Trump has to win it, he'll probably have to beat Allen, Robertson, Ronnie and then there's still the final. It doesn't get much tougher than that. If he plays Selby in the final , that would be like the toughest route ever.


Yeah I can't see that happening. All these matches are pretty much 50-50 and it will prove to much for him. Just like for Robertson last year. But this isn't the final draw yet. A lot will change until the final cut off!

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Final Discussion !!!

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I think, Selby will be reaching the final. The only players who can beat an in-form Selby are in the second half of the draw.


Key part of that is 'in form'.


True. But speaking about here and now. Selby looks in very good shape atm and very determined as well. What fascinates me at most is his current scoring. As you know, he struggled a lot over the last couple of years when it comes to that and it really dragged him down in matches.

One thing for sure. If he keeps playing like this, he'll be very tough to beat.

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Final Discussion !!!

Postby Paddpotter

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I think, Selby will be reaching the final. The only players who can beat an in-form Selby are in the second half of the draw.


Ding and Hawkins could. But with their current form it's unlikely they will even survive the first round.



Are you serious? Ding and Hawkins?? Ding and Hawkins will never win a world title

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Final Discussion !!!

Postby Paddpotter

Paddpotter wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I think, Selby will be reaching the final. The only players who can beat an in-form Selby are in the second half of the draw.


Ding and Hawkins could. But with their current form it's unlikely they will even survive the first round.



Are you serious? Ding and Hawkins?? Ding and Hawkins will never win a world title


I should have said Ding or Hawkins? either way they will never be World Champion

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Final Discussion !!!

Postby mantorok

Ever since last years WC ROS hasn't been quite as good as he was. I think its confidence or lack thereof that is the primary cause of his lack of consistency.

I can't seen him waving a magic wand before Sheffield comes around and imo only an easy route to the final will give him any chance at all of pulling out a sixth title.

I hate to admit it but despite his results this season I can't help but feel we are witnessing the beginning of the end. Sure a slow end that may last years. But nevertheless it is happening.

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Final Discussion !!!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

mantorok wrote:Ever since last years WC ROS hasn't been quite as good as he was. I think its confidence or lack thereof that is the primary cause of his lack of consistency.

I can't seen him waving a magic wand before Sheffield comes around and imo only an easy route to the final will give him any chance at all of pulling out a sixth title.

I hate to admit it but despite his results this season I can't help but feel we are witnessing the beginning of the end. Sure a slow end that may last years. But nevertheless it is happening.


It's just impossible to predict what the future holds for Ronnie. People started to write him off ever since I started watching snooker. They always said: "this time it's really happening, he's in decline". Ronnie is an exceptional talent and he's still a long way away from the end of his career.

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Final Discussion !!!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:I think, there is one more world title left in Ronnie but he needs to really dig in to win it. I can't see him destroying his opponents atm. It'll be tough and there'll be many scrappy frames.


Like Higgins in 2011. It's certainly possible.

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Final Discussion !!!

Postby Paddpotter

TheRocket wrote:I think, there is one more world title left in Ronnie but he needs to really dig in to win it. I can't see him destroying his opponents atm. It'll be tough and there'll be many scrappy frames.


There is not one more anything..he won't win another world title! get over it freak

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Final Discussion !!!

Postby Paddpotter

Ronnie79 wrote:Only 3 players can win the World this year. Robertson Trump and Ronnie. Betting odds should be in that order. Selby is dismissed due to the fate of the crucible curse



So because of superstition you say Selby is a non runner? OK

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Final Discussion !!!

Postby Ronnie79

People are very quick to write ronnie off. Even though he was majestic in the CoC and the UK. You dont lose your whole game in 3 months. Ronnie has lost confidence since Robertson hammered him in the masters.The same people said Higgins was finished and he wins a ranking event.

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Final Discussion !!!

Postby TheRocket

Paddpotter wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I think, there is one more world title left in Ronnie but he needs to really dig in to win it. I can't see him destroying his opponents atm. It'll be tough and there'll be many scrappy frames.


There is not one more anything..he won't win another world title! get over it freak


The troll has appeared again. Find yourself a hobby and stop polluting this forum you poor little creature.

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Final Discussion !!!

Postby Paddpotter

Ronnie79 wrote:People are very quick to write ronnie off. Even though he was majestic in the CoC and the UK. You dont lose your whole game in 3 months. Ronnie has lost confidence since Robertson hammered him in the masters.The same people said Higgins was finished and he wins a ranking event.


Did you watch him closely in this tournament? He was awful...He should never have made the final...in terms of the World Championship he will be in the business end again but winning it? NO

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Final Discussion !!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Paddpotter wrote:
Ronnie79 wrote:People are very quick to write ronnie off. Even though he was majestic in the CoC and the UK. You dont lose your whole game in 3 months. Ronnie has lost confidence since Robertson hammered him in the masters.The same people said Higgins was finished and he wins a ranking event.


Did you watch him closely in this tournament? He was awful...He should never have made the final...in terms of the World Championship he will be in the business end again but winning it? NO


I agree with you in that Higgins was nothing special in the Welsh Open. In fact, the general standard of play this season overall has been rubbish. There has been no standout player.