Post a reply

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Final Discussion !!!

Postby Paddpotter

TheRocket wrote:
Paddpotter wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I think, there is one more world title left in Ronnie but he needs to really dig in to win it. I can't see him destroying his opponents atm. It'll be tough and there'll be many scrappy frames.

There is not one more anything..he won't win another world title! get over it freak

The troll has appeared again. Find yourself a hobby and stop polluting this forum you poor little creature.

How am I a troll??? Please explain.........

Postby Paddpotter

Paddpotter wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Paddpotter wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I think, there is one more world title left in Ronnie but he needs to really dig in to win it. I can't see him destroying his opponents atm. It'll be tough and there'll be many scrappy frames.

There is not one more anything..he won't win another world title! get over it freak

The troll has appeared again. Find yourself a hobby and stop polluting this forum you poor little creature.

How am I a troll??? Please explain.........

you need to get over yourself mate! calling me a troll because I have a different opinion to you? I've never even spoke to you before you absolute freak? go and wash your Ronnie twiddle sock rather than trying to label me when I've never even spoke to you before you desparado

Postby TheRocket

Look you moron. Don't twist the things. Calling me a freak and things like "you need a psychiatrist" obviously shows your intention. And I can tell you. There are many trolls in this forum. And I don't wanna waste my time with them.

If you're someone who's interested in serious debates about Snooker, properly, then I'm ready for any debate.

When it comes to O'Sullivan. He played rubbish in this tournament and the overall standard in this tournament was rubbish as well. If he doesn't improve rapidly over the next weeks, he won't win the WC. If he does improve, he has a decent chance. That's all which can be said for the moment.

Postby Paddpotter

TheRocket wrote:Look you moron. Don't twist the things. Calling me a freak and things like "you need a psychiatrist" obviously shows your intention. And I can tell you. There are many trolls in this forum. And I don't wanna waste my time with them.

If you're someone who's interested in serious debates about Snooker, properly, then I'm ready for any debate.

When it comes to O'Sullivan. He played rubbish in this tournament and the overall standard in this tournament was rubbish as well. If he doesn't improve rapidly over the next weeks, he won't win the WC. If he does improve, he has a decent chance. That's all which can be said for the moment.

There you go again with the personal insults...must have hit a nerve.....

Postby Paddpotter

TheRocket wrote:Look you moron. Don't twist the things. Calling me a freak and things like "you need a psychiatrist" obviously shows your intention. And I can tell you. There are many trolls in this forum. And I don't wanna waste my time with them.

I've just had a look back at your posting history and apparently you only got into snooker in 2004? Do you even play the game? I started playing snooker in 1990 and have done regularly since so I think I know more about snooker than you.

Postby hendry_fan

:happy: :win: Judd Trump!. :win: :happy:

Had a crazy day yesterday,i missed the whole of the match,cause i promised a freind i,d help him flit.
Throughout the flittin i often checked in here and read the comments though,i was very curious to read what the pair of them were servin up. :-D

Seems the overall standard was low,with both messin up several chances.

All this ramblin on about "the standards so high these days" is absolute rubbish,Some,especially a (Mr sour plum Davis) waffle on as if every single frame and match these days are of extremely high standard.
In every decade there,s been frames,matches of super high,high standards but there,s also been many that has,nt been high,to try and label other eras as "weak" is just pure n utter cobblers and is just an ignorant attack to try and devalue certain players achievements.

Apart from Ronnie playin the odd high standard frame here n there,he,s been well off song lately,on numerous occasions he was there for the takin,but thanks to help from his fear factor,most of his opponents crumbled against him and he,s gotten over the line.

Many players have in fact gone off the boil lately and there forms have gone up n down like a yoyo.

Time will tell just how long Ronnie still manages to hold on to this fear he still puts into so many players,when it,s gone,it,s gone,Davis,Hendry lost it and Ronnie will lose it as well sometime,and when he does,then his opponents will not be wastin as many chances as they have been wasting against him lately.

Just like Davis and Hendry,Ronnie has also earned the "fear factor" aura,this helped the three of them win many,many matches.

When i read that Ronnie went 4-1 up and was givin Trump plenty of chances,but he kept messin them up,i thought,oh dear,it looks like Ronnie is gonna add yet another piece o silverware to his collection.

But then when i checked in here back in the evening and read that it was 7-7,i then suddenly had hope in Trump again,but that was mainly cause i read that Ronnie was off song as well and was messin up chances as well.

I,ll be watchin the match over the next few days on you tube,i want to see for myself what they were serving up.

I have to say,i would have now been feeling as flat as a crepe,i,ve been feelin flat lately anyway and if Ronnie had of won,that would have well n truly flattened me,(at least for a few days it would,ve). :-D

Well done Judd,you can do it and you did it,you beat Ronnie!.

More of the same please in the future. :clap:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah,thanks to trump beatin Ronnie,i now feel as fat as a pig and as happy as a bunny. :-D

Postby Paddpotter

hendry_fan wrote::happy: :win: Judd Trump!. :win: :happy:

Had a crazy day yesterday,i missed the whole of the match,cause i promised a freind i,d help him flit.
Throughout the flittin i often checked in here and read the comments though,i was very curious to read what the pair of them were servin up. :-D

All this ramblin on about "the standards so high these days" is absolute rubbish,Some,especially a (Mr sour plum Davis) waffle on as if every single frame and match these days are of extremely high standard.
In every decade there,s been frames,matches of super high,high standards but there,s also been many that has,nt been high,to try and label other eras as "weak" is just pure n utter cobblers and is just an ignorant attack to try and devalue certain players achievements.

Apart from Ronnie playin the odd high standard frame here n there,he,s been well off song lately,on numerous occasions he was there for the takin,but thanks to help from his fear factor,most of his opponents crumbled against him and he,s gotten over the line.

Many players have in fact gone off the boil lately and there forms have gone up n down like a yoyo.

Time will tell just how long Ronnie still manages to hold on to this fear he still puts into so many players,when it,s gone,it,s gone,Davis,Hendry lost it and Ronnie will lose it as well sometime,and when he does,then his opponents will not be wastin as many chances as they have been wasting against him lately.

Just like Davis and Hendry,Ronnie has also earned the "fear factor" aura,this helped the three of them win many,many matches.

When i read that Ronnie went 4-1 up and was givin Trump plenty of chances,but he kept messin them up,i thought,oh dear,it looks like Ronnie is gonna add yet another piece o silverware to his collection.

But then when i checked in here back in the evening and read that it was 7-7,i then suddenly had hope in Trump again,but that was mainly cause i read that Ronnie was off song as well and was messin up chances as well.

I,ll be watchin the match over the next few days on you tube,i want to see for myself what they were serving up.

I have to say,i would have now been feeling as flat as a crepe,i,ve been feelin flat lately anyway and if Ronnie had of won,that would have well n truly flattened me,(at least for a few days it would,ve). :-D

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah,thanks to trump beatin Ronnie,i now feel as fat as a pig and as happy as a bunny. :-D

you seem pleased :-D

Postby TheRocket

Paddpotter wrote:

Do you realize that you insulted me at first and my comment was more like a reaction? Just look at page 13 mate. That says a lot about you.

Anyway. Again. I don't wanna waste my time with this. As I said. I'm here to discuss and speak about Snooker with other Snookerfans. If you're interested in that I'm ready for any debate and discussion.

Have a nice day.

Postby hendry_fan

"Pleased",.....

:D I,m not pleased,...............................................................................................i,m overjoyed!. :D

*Cheers Paddpotter!. * :cracker: :wine: :happy:

Postby Paddpotter

TheRocket wrote:
Paddpotter wrote:

Do you realize that you insulted me at first and my comment was more like a reaction? Just look at page 13 mate. That says a lot about you.

Anyway. Again. I don't wanna waste my time with this. As I said. I'm here to discuss and speak about Snooker with other Snookerfans. If you're interested in that I'm ready for any debate and discussion.

Have a nice day.

Mate I'm having a nice day thanks...I don't need to justify my existence by defending a complete stranger on the internet like you do!! I respect a number of posters on here which is why I read this site but you are not one of them! Have a lovely day you condescending nobody

Postby TheSaviour

Paddpotter wrote:
hendry_fan wrote::happy: :win: Judd Trump!. :win: :happy:

you seem pleased :-D

"Feeling flat" rofl rofl
I agree with you about the standards, but I still think it was a very good match! Enjoyed watching the second session. Because, it was just a slender mistakes from both of them (and especially from Ronnie) which kept the great break-building not to come. It was a case if he (Ronnie) finds it.. Well he didn´t, but it certainly left a great promise. In a way it was still a great playing. I felt a bit sorry for Judd when he was 4-7 down because I felt he too had a great game and that now he would get annihiliated. He did a very well to come back and made that over 140 break, but obviously O´Sullivan´s errors helped him a lot. But even scrappy matches can be very good, which I think this one certainly was. You could tell Ronnie obviously felt a very disappointed he couldn´t quite deliver, but like I pointed out it left a great promise. And obviously it is a much, much better to feel disappointed or so than not to feel anything.

That was a far cry from Ronnie´s match against Stuart Bingham. But Stuart has been playing a very well recently, a very idea-rich game. So Stuart probably worked as a Ronnie´s "navigation system" there. I am satisfied I decided (or forgot / or not to think much..) not to bet Ronnie to win, but instead made some bets that Novak Djokovic wins the Indian Wells final against Federer.. I was a bit lucky there, since I should had made some bets Ronnie to win considering the odds I would had got. Since I thought he would win it quite likely even if I see Judd as a really good player also.

Postby SnookerFan

Back at work today. Spent all last week getting drunk and watching snooker. Sadly, after about Wednesday, nobody much was free to do this with me.

So it's been slow socially, but a nice rest non-the-less. Not quite having the same; "Oh man, I hate being back" that I usually would with weeks off.

Postby Wildey

Something was up with Ronnie all week maybe hes fallen out with Steve Peters because this was the Ronnie of a few years Back.

Telling Monique to move and all sort of stuff god its hardly the first time Monique has been taking Pictures of Ronnie, shes probably been at more events Ronnie been involved in than any other photographer in the last 4 or 5 years.

Ronnie Bottled that final he had no fight in him conceding frames when needing one snooker at one point not seen that from Ronnie since hes been working with Steve Peters.

Postby Ronnie79

There was talk on twitter during the week that he broke up with his girlfriend. When he was 7-4 up and about 29 ahead in the next he missed a black that he had to hit hard to get back out for a red he missed it with balls everywhere. When Trump closed to 7-5 he started to get edgy. He was never the same after that frame.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Something was up with Ronnie all week maybe hes fallen out with Steve Peters because this was the Ronnie of a few years Back.

Telling Monique to move and all sort of stuff god its hardly the first time Monique has been taking Pictures of Ronnie, shes probably been at more events Ronnie been involved in than any other photographer in the last 4 or 5 years.

Ronnie Bottled that final he had no fight in him conceding frames when needing one snooker at one point not seen that from Ronnie since hes been working with Steve Peters.

He's been in a mood all week, hasn't he? And it's a shame to see, because he's been a lot more mature since that season he took off. He's been playing well, and hasn't had any unnecessary tantrums or silliness until this week. Suddenly, he's moaning on at referees etc... And getting Monique thrown out seemed harsh. She covers a lot of tournaments, most of the time out of her own pocket. She's been a very vocal fan and defender of Ronnie. Then he gets the hump, has a pop at her and gets her thrown out. Wasn't nice.

Hopefully this is a blip, and we can have a return of the Ronnie who let's his awesome play do the talking, not his silly off-table antics.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:What was the venue like, Mr. Wild?

The Arena itself was like any other Arena you had seats and you had tables that doesn't change wherever you go apart from the Crucible which is a purpose built theater.

the Atmosphere generated from a full arena is Electric and it was Electric last night dont know how much it holds but at a guess id say about 600 to 700 and it was hard to spot a free seat.

But the Venue itself was one of the best ive been to Restaurants, Bars, Cafe and there was Toilets all over the place.

But cant see the Welsh Open coming there the maximum amount of tables you could fit there was two.

Postby Wildey

Just been talking to Monique

Last night Ronnie got the right hump and he asked for all the photographers to be removed from the arena which as you probably saw and comment on here.

But before leaving he went up to Monique gave her a hug and a peck and apologized he also apologized to Marcel Eckardt yesterday for the way he was during his last 16 match with Robert Milkins.

there's something up with him and despite her best effort of finding out from Friends that was with Ronnie apparently they did not know why he was in a mood or they wouldn't say.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Just been talking to Monique

Last night Ronnie got the right hump and he asked for all the photographers to be removed from the arena which as you probably saw and comment on here.

But before leaving he went up to Monique gave her a hug and a peck and apologized he also apologized to Marcel Eckardt yesterday for the way he was during his last 16 match with Robert Milkins.

there's something up with him and despite her best effort of finding out from Friends that was with Ronnie apparently they did not know why he was in a mood or they wouldn't say.

Well, at least he apologised for it. For the amount of taking the snake hiss out of him we did last night, I do respect when people do that.

Postby mantorok

Even he himself probably doesn't know why, maybe a touch of depression creeping up on him these day?

Postby hendry_fan

Wildey wrote:Something was up with Ronnie all week maybe hes fallen out with Steve Peters because this was the Ronnie of a few years Back.

Somethin,if not somethings was up with Ronnie for sure,the whole week he was in a strange mood and often sported a feelin down looking,thoughful demeanour,he looked the way he did in the old days.

He actualy gave me the impression that he was depressed,even a bit bored,seemed to be often in his *can,t be bovered* modus. :dizzy:

The worlds is just around the corner,so he,ll of gotten over this strange,moody phase he plunged into this week by then.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:

Well, at least he apologised for it. For the amount of taking the snake hiss out of him we did last night, I do respect when people do that.

Yes I agree SF, and both definately deserved an apology.

I think the Chimp, as he calls it on his book when hes in a mood like thid, expression from Steve Peters book, the Chimp is coming back again at the wrong time. I think he should definately consult Peters before Worlds, and this may sound silly now having already qualified, but I think he should just pull out of China Open, even with a fine or not. Going to China wont do him any favours at all, it will only make his mood worse, and he will probably lose 1st or 2nd round there.

He should use these next 3 weeks to rest and fully prepare and be fresh for Worlds. He probably wont pull out, but this time Im sory chinese fans but should, and like I said also consult Steve Peters.

Postby freakmoomin

yep ronnie was weird the whole tournament.

The scary thing is.....for me this was defo ronnie of old just waiting to blow up......and he still nearly won the thing!!!

Its just classic Ronnie and who knows what one we will get next.

When it went 7-7 his body language was just flat and it looked like he couldnt care less. I kinda miss the old ronnie so for me its not a bad thing :) but would prefer something a bit more headlines next time :)

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:It'll be interesting to see his mindset for The Crucible.

In the right mood,he'll be favourite. The question is, will he be in the right mood?

Difficult to say IMO. Obviously it would increase his chances a lot more but he had a strong mindset in the Masters as well as and still got beat relatively comfortably by Robertson.

There's something lacking about Ronnies game atm. He isn't as clinical among the balls as he can be and he's seems to be having "clinchers disease" or lack of killer instinct atm which is actually very unusual for a player of his calibre. He lost a few matches after being in front this season , yesterdays one was obviously the most painful one for him.

And as you know. He did even almost lose the UK final after being 9:4 ahead.

I think, even with a strong mindset he isn't the main favourite. Robertson, Selby and Trump are probably ahead of him atm. Ronnie is like, I wouldn't say dark horse but very unpredictable candidate atm.

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:Apparently Ronnie gave his runner's up medal to some kid in a wheelchair in the crowd. According to some guy as TSF anyway.

That was pretty classy, it has to be said. :hatoff:

Didn't he do that when he lost to Selby in the Welsh final that time? Don't think he sees runner-up as anything to be proud of, which is understandable to someone of his skill.