Topic locked

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Semi Finals Discussion !!!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:This is just cruel. Martin only had a real chance in one of the last 5 frames.

He had a fair few from 5-1 to 5-3 but afterwards he was totally frozen out.

He had 3 decent chances at 5-2 but overall he didn't do much wrong I would say. But Trump was outstanding after that.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Cloud Strife wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Trump will be favourite tomorrow whoever he plays.

I'm not so sure. Trump played okay, but if Gould had a better or any killer instinct for that matter, Trump would have lost that match 6-1.

If Ronnie wins this evening, I'm certain he will raise his game for the final.

Of course not favourite by a large margin but slightly I think. Ronnie definitely has to step it up if he wants the title. But I'm not entirely convinced he will do that...

Postby TheRocket

Yeah. I think, if Trump and Ronnie were to meet tomorrow, Trump will be the more determined player, especially after his two defeats to Ronnie this season. So in terms of motivation I see Trump ahead.

But as I said millions of times since the Masters. What really matters for Ronnie is the WC. He'd get over it very quickly if he doesn't win this tournament. He wants to peak for the WC and that's the most important thing for the next 3 weeks.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie plays Bingham in the semis, Trump waiting in the final. This is the UK all over again.

Technically, in the UK Ronnie was waiting in the final while Trump played Maguire :john:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:Yeah. I think, if Trump and Ronnie were to meet tomorrow, Trump will be the more determined player, especially after his two defeats to Ronnie this season. So in terms of motivation I see Trump ahead.

But as I said millions of times since the Masters. What really matters for Ronnie is the WC. He'd get over it very quickly if he doesn't win this tournament. He wants to peak for the WC and that's the most important thing for the next 3 weeks.

Ronnie not winning this event might improve his chances for the WC. He needs to start practicing again. Long and hard. A win here might distract him from that.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie plays Bingham in the semis, Trump waiting in the final. This is the UK all over again.

Technically, in the UK Ronnie was waiting in the final while Trump played Maguire :john:

I knew you would notice <laugh> :irk:

PEDANT POWER!!!

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Yeah. I think, if Trump and Ronnie were to meet tomorrow, Trump will be the more determined player, especially after his two defeats to Ronnie this season. So in terms of motivation I see Trump ahead.

Ronnie not winning this event might improve his chances for the WC. He needs to start practicing again. Long and hard. A win here might distract him from that.

I don't think so. He knows more than anyone that the WC has his own rules and that the current level, he's producing probably won't be enough to win it. Even if he somehow wins this tournament. He was very honest yesterday after his match against Dott and about his current game.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

I knew you would notice <laugh> :irk:

PEDANT POWER!!!

rofl

Postby Muppet147

If Trump can play how he did in the last four or five frames of this match, then he has a chance against Ronnie.

Really applied himself and not the usual hit and hope bashing he usually resorts to when things aren't going well.

He owes Ronnie a beating after two close finals this season.

Not sure that Ronnie is playing well enough to win. He may even struggle against Bingham today.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Snooker time. Here's hoping that Bingo can put away a poor ROS unlike everyone else.

Wouldn't you like see Ronnie battling it out with Trump? I would want Selby to win if he were in Ronnie's place tonight.

Not really fussed. I just don't want ROS to win another match playing crap because his opponent was too scared to beat him.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Snooker time. Here's hoping that Bingo can put away a poor ROS unlike everyone else.

Wouldn't you like see Ronnie battling it out with Trump? I would want Selby to win if he were in Ronnie's place tonight.

Not really fussed. I just don't want ROS to win another match playing crap because his opponent was too scared to beat him.

But Ronnie v Trump is likely going to be a better final than Bingham v Trump, wouldn't you agree?