Topic locked

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Semi Finals Discussion !!!

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:
TheRocket wrote:And I think, it's just silly to moan all the time and to basicially hint that he doesn't deserves to win this match or that tournament , just because some of his opponents sh*t bricks and fail.

Not saying that. It just becomes tedious to watch as someone who's not a ROS fan.

No problem. And yeah, to be fair, it's an embarassing performance from Bingo.

Postby Holden Chinaski

TheRocket wrote:As someone who've been following his career since 2004 I'd say that the current O'Sullivan has strong similarities to the 2005-2006 O'Sullivan. Brillant pots and breaks at times but then the easy miss in the next frame and getting emotional as well. And not the best shot selection either.

Funnily he's still destroying Bingo.

Ronnie in the 2005 Masters final is still the best snooker I've seen anyone play ever. It was frightening. John Higgins did nothing wrong and Ronnie destroyed him. Good times.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:What I wanna say is that people have to realize that for most players playing Ronnie O'Sullivan is a different thing than playing other players, especially for players who are not used to winning big tournaments and Bingo is one of them despite playing great stuff since 3 years or like that.

And I think, it's just silly to moan all the time and to basicially hint that he doesn't deserves to win this match or that tournament , just because some of his opponents sh*t bricks and fail. You had the same thing with Hendry in the 90's and Davis in the 80's. And you have to praise them for that.

These players worked hard to earn the fear factor and aura they had/have. And basicially there isn't a topplayer out there, who hasn't been completely trashed at least once by O'Sullivan. And with trashed, I really mean trashed. Like Walden and Ding in the Masters.

Yes. The likes of Higgins and Selby, who are mental warriors would be quickly getting over it while others don't. But I think, you all agree that Higgins and Selby are more an exception than the average.

I wouldn't take offence by it. It's a compliment to Ronnie that a lot of players are intimidated to play him.

Would you rather we pretended Ronnie was playing at his best tonight?

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:What I wanna say is that people have to realize that for most players playing Ronnie O'Sullivan is a different thing than playing other players, especially for players who are not used to winning big tournaments and Bingo is one of them despite playing great stuff since 3 years or like that.

And I think, it's just silly to moan all the time and to basicially hint that he doesn't deserves to win this match or that tournament , just because some of his opponents sh*t bricks and fail. You had the same thing with Hendry in the 90's and Davis in the 80's. And you have to praise them for that.

These players worked hard to earn the fear factor and aura they had/have. And basicially there isn't a topplayer out there, who hasn't been completely trashed at least once by O'Sullivan. And with trashed, I really mean trashed. Like Walden and Ding in the Masters.

Yes. The likes of Higgins and Selby, who are mental warriors would be quickly getting over it while others don't. But I think, you all agree that Higgins and Selby are more an exception than the average.

I wouldn't take offence by it. It's a compliment to Ronnie that a lot of players are intimidated to play him.

Would you rather we pretended Ronnie was playing at his best tonight?

Of course not mate. And it's me who keeps saying that Ron is playing relatively poor since the UK and I'm surprised how he's still winning all these matches.

The point is just , that people sometimes are using matches like this today and embarassing performances like from Bingo to devaluate O'Sullivans overall achievements (not adressed to you or Skull btw). You two always give to all players the credit if they deserve it.

And yeah, as you said, O'Sullivan actually has to be praised for that if people rubbish bricks against him.

Postby Cloud Strife

It seemed like Bingham missed more balls than he potted, absolutely dire performance from him.

Anyway, thankfully we have a Trump vs O'Sullivan final. Gould vs Bingham would have been a competition in seeing who could choke less.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I take the tag line of the axe commercial very seriously. I always mute during the spot.

I don't get this Lynx advert at all. What is the message they're trying convey?

That Lynx is understated. And that annoying card players, half naked men and other such nonsense is for lesser deodorant based products.