Topic locked

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Last 16 Discussion !!!

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 18th of Marchl

NB 2pm

Ricky Walden 3-4 Mark J Williams
Joe Perry 2-4 Judd Trump

7pm

Robert Milkins 0-4 Ronnie O'Sullivan
Liang Wenbo 1-1 Graeme Dott

NB 8pm

Mark Selby 0-0 Martin Gould
Stephen Maguire v Peter Ebdon

Postby Skullman

TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:So watching stuff from this tournament for the first time this week. Any matches worth catching up on later?

Meanwhile, looks like Milkins still can't even get close to ROS. Still, Selby v Gould should be good.

Robertson Davis if you want to? If you like 80 Minute deciding frames...

Sold.

Postby Andre147

4-0 but rubbish from Ronnie.

And that argument with the ref rofl Ronnie will find anything in this frame of mind to argue about pmsl

Ronnie can easily lose against either Dotty or Wenbo.

I'd like him to face Dotty, but Ronnie is all over the place mentally.

Hopefully this all changes when Worlds comes around, a bit like 2008 when he had the China Open conference and then won the Worlds.

Postby Clara8633

Skullman wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:So watching stuff from this tournament for the first time this week. Any matches worth catching up on later?

Meanwhile, looks like Milkins still can't even get close to ROS. Still, Selby v Gould should be good.

Robertson Davis if you want to? If you like 80 Minute deciding frames...

Sold.

There was an hour-long frame in the Selby v Holt match too. It was the fourth frame.

Postby Wildey

masterdoctorgenius wrote:he was scaring the life out of him. poor ref

you think?

i thought the ref was laughing in his face

Ronnie was bang out of Order.

Postby Clara8633

Wildey wrote:

you think?

Why was ROS frustrated with the ref?

Postby Wildey

Clara8633 wrote:
Wildey wrote:

you think?

Why was ROS frustrated with the ref?

the ref wanted to take balls out of pocket.

unfortunately ronnie didn't like to see him doing his job.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:

you think?

If I were the ref :mood:

Ronnie will find anything to argue about like said when he's in this frame of mind.

Postby Andre147

Hopefully he faces Dotty, havent played for a long time and I like them matches between the two.

The look on Milkins face though when he shook Ronnie's hand rofl Priceless

Postby TheRocket

Atm it's pre-Peters Ronnie O'Sullivan we're seeing. It seems strange coz just month ago in the German Masters I thought, he seemed to be in a very good mood and enjoyed Snooker.

But I'm not that surprised. Im watching him play since 2004 and it's just part of his character. You just never know what kind of mood he's in.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Atm it's pre-Peters Ronnie O'Sullivan we're seeing. It seems strange coz just month ago in the German Masters I thought, he seemed to be in a very good mood and enjoyed Snooker.

But I'm not that surprised. Im watching him play since 2004 and it's just part of his character. You just never know what kind of mood he's in.

You're right, and like I said earlier hopefully this is just like 2008 pre Worlds (remember the China press conference rofl ), he was on a similar place mentally but then won the Worlds.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Atm it's pre-Peters Ronnie O'Sullivan we're seeing. It seems strange coz just month ago in the German Masters I thought, he seemed to be in a very good mood and enjoyed Snooker.

You're right, and like I said earlier hopefully this is just like 2008 pre Worlds (remember the China press conference rofl ), he was on a similar place mentally but then won the Worlds.

"Alright Love, want to give us a blow job?"

<doh>

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:on some day he says he set targte like to reach 100 centuries and winning a WC in his 40s the next day he speaks about retirement

complex personality.

He still wants that as a target, dont take too much notice of what he says about retirement, etc... He's said it about 100 times already <laugh>

Winning one in his 40s would be quite some achievemtn, espeically in this day and age. I definately think he can do it, it's just about how much he wants it.

This stupid frame of mind will soon be gone, he'll probably still be like this at China Open but when the Worlds comes around hopefully he'll be in the right of frame of mind again.

Postby kolompar

Skullman wrote:Bet 365 showing ITV4 post-match, but decided on no sound. Looks like I'll have to learn to lip read.

They show good stuff. I remember ad breaks when they just showed Foulds and Jill Douglas sitting in the studio staring into the camera <laugh>

Postby Andre147

Dotty won it :-D

Ronnie v Dotty, been a long time.

I always like them matches between the two, even if Ronnie loses it, I wish Dotty all the best, it's such a shame Dotty has only won 1 ranker since becoming World Champ, but sometimes he crumbles when being put under pressure by the very top players.

Should be a good match.