Topic locked

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Last 32 Discussion !!!

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Judd Trump playing and the ref is younger than him lol

He's a very good referee though, and I'm very happy WS over the past 2 or 3 years is "using" these young European refs, they do a brilliant job.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:

He's a very good referee though, and I'm very happy WS over the past 2 or 3 years is "using" these young European refs, they do a brilliant job.

he has a commanding voice and he wouldn't take rubbish from anyone

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

he has a commanding voice and he wouldn't take rubbish from anyone

Not that it's any of our business or makes any difference, but I've heard strong rumours that he's gay.

As I said though, it doesn't matter much.

Postby Alex0paul

Andre147 wrote:Am I right in saying Dale is the only ranking event winner, twice in fact, never to have been placed in the Top 16 of World rankings?

Bob Chaperon won the 1990 British Open and had a high ranking of 25/26ish

Postby Andre147

This and Mags performance best displays of tournament so far.

Ronnie will face Milkins next, I knew White would feel tired after all the travelling and all that.

Postby Lou147

Was late getting in and only caught the final frame but heard about Judd's 140, what happened? Please don't tell me he missed the final black on a maximum

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:This and Mags performance best displays of tournament so far.

Ronnie will face Milkins next, I knew White would feel tired after all the travelling and all that.

Easy match for Ronnie then :-)

In these short formats anything can happen, and Ronnie since German Masters hasn't been in a good place mentally, a defeat here, even against Milkins, wouldn't surprise me much.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

In these short formats anything can happen, and Ronnie since German Masters hasn't been in a good place mentally, a defeat here, even against Milkins, wouldn't surprise me much.

True, Ronnie lost to players he usually owns lately. I still expect Ronnie to win this one though.

Postby PoolBoy

Alex0paul wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Am I right in saying Dale is the only ranking event winner, twice in fact, never to have been placed in the Top 16 of World rankings?

Bob Chaperon won the 1990 British Open and had a high ranking of 25/26ish

I suppose, Michael White, too. For now, anyway!

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Wow, Murphy really was rubbish today! Funny that Ebdon still nearly lost the match.

Agaianst a real top player he would have lost 4-0 the way he played today. Similar to his Coc performance this season in fact.

Postby Andy Spark

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Yes, Ronnie must have more "personal" problems, he seems very grumpy at the moment. :mood: