Post a reply

Re: Draw & Format

Postby vodkadiet

Another ITV debacle. Thursday is an integral part of a week long snooker event, and yet again ITV have decided there will be no play. This just ruins the flow of an event. The format is nonsense anyway. It seems best of 7s are standard now. I cannot wait until best of 5s are standard. That won't be far away.

I am assuming there is no Thursday play is because of some football event. Like, there aren't enough of those already.

There may be more snooker these days, but most of it is rubbish. Well at least they got rid of the Premier League shot clock junk...

Postby Wildey

vodkadiet wrote:Another ITV debacle. Thursday is an integral part of a week long snooker event, and yet again ITV have decided there will be no play. This just ruins the flow of an event. The format is nonsense anyway. It seems best of 7s are standard now. I cannot wait until best of 5s are standard. That won't be far away.

I am assuming there is no Thursday play is because of some football event. Like, there aren't enough of those already.

There may be more snooker these days, but most of it is rubbish. Well at least they got rid of the Premier League shot clock junk...

Yes there's far too many BO 7s.

i thought Hearn wanted events to have a individual identity....with all these best of 7s he is failing on that.

ive seen on Twitter how Mark Williams suggested BO9s without intervals.

I Happen to think intervals are a integral part of Snooker that's why you get exciting matches out of what looks like a Rout.

Postby SnookerFan

Regarding breaks, you have to think about the fans who are sat and watching. It's nice to be able to go get a bottle of drink, or use the facilities, without having to miss a whole frame to do so.