Post a reply

Re: 888.com World Grand Prix Final Discussion !!!

Postby mantorok

As a long-time fan it's disappointing to see Ronnie on a downhill slide towards Sheffield right now, I had him tipped for the WC title this year, but now it's a case of seeing which Ronnie turns up.

In a way it makes it more exciting as he's now become an unknown quantity at the worlds, but I can't help but feel that since right at the beginning of last years worlds he's just become much more fragile, and although the string of defeats during and since the WC won't be helping, I feel the rot had already started to set in before that.

An easy draw this year is his only chance I feel, because it just seems like there are some fundamental issues creeping into his game.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:Apparently Ronnie gave his runner's up medal to some kid in a wheelchair in the crowd. According to some guy as TSF anyway.

That was pretty classy, it has to be said. :hatoff:

Indeed :hatoff:
He once gave his cue to some kid in the crowd as well :hatoff:

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Just been talking to Monique

Last night Ronnie got the right hump and he asked for all the photographers to be removed from the arena which as you probably saw and comment on here.

But before leaving he went up to Monique gave her a hug and a peck and apologized he also apologized to Marcel Eckardt yesterday for the way he was during his last 16 match with Robert Milkins.

there's something up with him and despite her best effort of finding out from Friends that was with Ronnie apparently they did not know why he was in a mood or they wouldn't say.

Well, at least he apologised for it. For the amount of taking the snake hiss out of him we did last night, I do respect when people do that.

All banter aside, I'm happy to hear Ronnie apologised to Monique and the ref. :hatoff:

Postby NNear

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Who thinks Trump is now the main contender for the World Title this year?

Trump is a very strong contender. ALMOST willing to say he is going to win it.

Ronnie won't.

Postby Wildey

armchair de critique wrote:Best was when he lost to Dotty WC semi and gave his cue away. I think that was the match.

the key word is lost

Ronnie quite rightly thinks being runner up is a failure so he gives away mementoes of his failure

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
armchair de critique wrote:Best was when he lost to Dotty WC semi and gave his cue away. I think that was the match.

the key word is lost

Ronnie quite rightly thinks being runner up is a failure so he gives away mementoes of his failure

Thats your interpretation. No pro snooker player would give away a cue he still likes and intends to use for the rest of his career. Logic. He did a good deed, dont try to devaluate it.

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:

the key word is lost

Thats your interpretation. No pro snooker player would give away a cue he still likes and intends to use for the rest of his career. Logic. He did a good deed, dont try to devaluate it.

Im not devaluing anything that what happened.

he lost a session 8-0 changed his tip countless times he was fed up so he decided to give his cue away and get another one by the start of the following season any fool knows that what he did <doh>

thats not to say it wasn't a good deed he could have snapped it in half like Graeme Dott did once and nobody would have had use of it.

Postby sundaygirl

Exactly
The items he gives away may have no value to him but he knows they will be treasured by the fans he gives them to. It's a win win the offending item isn't hanging around his home reminding him of the negative experience plus the feel good factor of making someone's day out extra special.

Postby Cloud Strife

armchair de critique wrote:the kid who got the cue............that sort of thing would of made him feel so special, so buzzing. It was a fantastic gesture. <cool>

<ok>

He could easily have smashed the cue up or thrown it away, which is what most people would have done in that situation.

It's pathetic to see Wildey trying to devalue what was a fantastic gesture from Ronnie.

Postby Clara8633

Cloud Strife wrote:
armchair de critique wrote:the kid who got the cue............that sort of thing would of made him feel so special, so buzzing. It was a fantastic gesture. <cool>

<ok>

He could easily have smashed the cue up or thrown it away, which is what most people would have done in that situation.

It's pathetic to see Wildey trying to devalue what was a fantastic gesture from Ronnie.

Um... that was basically what Wildey just said.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:

<ok>

Are you Stupid, Blind or both

i was not devaluing anything what part of that is complicated for you to understand.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

<ok>

Are you Stupid, Blind or both

i was not devaluing anything what part of that is complicated for you to understand.

pmsl

Of course you were devaluing it, but you're clearly too thick to even realise you were doing it.

Postby Ronnie79

It was a great gesture they brought the young kid down to the front row ronnie shook hands with him and handed him the cue. After what happened to him in that championship it was unreal. As clive everton commented "the record books show Dott beat o'sullivan that year when in fact o'sullivan really beat himself"

Postby sundaygirl

Clould Strife stop acting like a banker, take a leaf out of Clara's book and try reading what other posters actually say before wading in with insults. Wild didn't critise Ronnie quite the opposite. The majority view is that Ronnie does thoughtful and generous things.
Nnear was the one who was most cynical. Does his Ronnie avatar make him immune to your wrath?