Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Final Discussion !!!

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:So it's John Higgins v Ben Woollaston in the final.

In the year 2011 a convincing John Higgins win would be a certainty. But it's 2015 and John's consistency is pretty much completely gone and that gives Ben a slight chance. I disagree that Ben winning would be one of the biggest shocks in snooker history. I mean come on guys, Walden beating Ronnie in the Shanghai Masters in 2009 seemed even more unlikely back then.

But despite all that I fully expect a Higgins win today, he's so good at the latter stages of tournaments and he will put everything he has in this final. Also Ben looked very wobbly yesterday and was lucky MJW couldn't take his chances well enough.

Apparently saying Ben has no chance of winning this Final is being disrespectful rofl pmsl

Anyway, I do agree with you that back in Shanghai Masters 2008 (not 2009, Ronnie won that one) Walden winning it being 30 something and Ronnie WN1 was even more unlikely.

And yeah this sort of Higgins can easily turn to crap these days, but I very much doubt he will, he upped his game when needed in the semis and in the Final he'll do exactly the same if being put under some kind of pressure by Ben.

It's a foregone conclusion, yes Ben did well to reach the Final, not taking that away from him, but..... Congrats Higgins on winning your 26th ranking title and record 4th Welsh Open.

Postby Skullman

Snooker time. Ben is the underdog, but stranger things have happened.

The final could be good. IMO the best final in recent years has been Bingo v Mags two years, and that was exactly a star studded line up.

Postby hendry_fan

Oh dear,Johns standard has plunged dramaticaly,in his first frame against Brecel yesterday he knocked in a century in his first visit,and in this first frame he <only> knocked in a 35!. :dizzy:

Postby dexterdan7

Guys, which channel exactly to watch the final. i open up euro sport British 1 & 2, turns up become a bicycle competition.

Postby Roland

Andre147 wrote:
Roland wrote:Thanks McChazzz for putting these disrespectful clowns in their place. Good post

pmsl

I wasn't simply referring to this topic but a high % of overall posts since yesterday

Postby hendry_fan

Pretty good stuff from Higgins,the odd error started to creep in but makes amends and knocks in a *105* to go 3-1 up at the MSI!. :happy:

Woolie on cruise modus so far,strugglin to go up a gear.

Postby Clara8633

Skullman wrote:Interesting that Woollaston is/used to be a Higgins fanboy. Most younger players are ROS fans these days.

Oliver Lines is a fan of ROS, Higgins and Selby :)

Postby AC or LT?

Why do we all do this? Allow our free time to be slowly eaten away by one if the most pointless pleasures in our life in turn neglecting subjectively more important to see who succeeds. Regardless of if it's third rate players or not in turn incurring the wrath of those around us. It's both a pleasure and a burden following the greatest sport there is...