Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Semi Finals Discussion !!!

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:and i seriously feel, if higgins goes on to win tomorrow he is a contender for the WC.

Then you are deluded, this tournament means nothing for the WC, you even said a few days ago how much of a joke this lottery tournament was.

He contradicts himself every time so...

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:
mantorok wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:and i seriously feel, if higgins goes on to win tomorrow he is a contender for the WC.

Then you are deluded, this tournament means nothing for the WC, you even said a few days ago how much of a joke this lottery tournament was.

He contradicts himself every time so...

He's one of those Ronnie fans who is a little like Ronnie - up and down <laugh>

Postby masterdoctorgenius

mantorok wrote:

tournament wins gives confidence. it is a lottery tournament. but ranking event will remain a ranking event.

and winning can become a habit

Postby Andre147

Clara8633 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:higgins wont go out in the first round this time unlike last two years. he will have some kind of confidence

But he's too inconsistent.

Yes he's right Clara, he won't go out first round, he'll go out second round :wave:

Postby mantorok

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
mantorok wrote:

tournament wins gives confidence. it is a lottery tournament. but ranking event will remain a ranking event.

and winning can become a habit

Look at who he has beaten if he wins this, then explain to me how that run of matches contributes to ones chances in the WC.

Postby Skullman

Well with Higgins, it'll be more about knowing he can still play well than who he beats. He knows that when he plays well he can beat anyone. And has done so.

That said, I doubt winning here tomorrow will really change his chances at the WC, except for changing which opponents he seeded to face.

Postby Odrl

AC or LT? wrote:Which of the Last 16 and Quarter Final matches were best? I'm thinking of watching a few after Williams and Woollaston have finished toughing it out.

There isn't that much choice, since not all of it was televised. I think the most interesting last16 matches were Selby-Brecel and Robertson-Wilson, and for the quarter-finals Williams' performance against Fu is certainly worth seeing. :-)

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:all running in higgins favour to win the tournament

Maybe it's destined as you said earlier.

But there's still a long way to go in this match.

I'll get worried if MJW were to find himself 4-0 down.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:ben starting to miss

MJW still struggling. forgot to wear the scoring from yesterday

Higgins will eat these two for breakfeast if they play like this against him.

Postby Andre147

I think MJW will come back after MSI stronger and more focused.

Well he has to, Ben I think will take his chances to win the match if MJW isn't on his game.

Postby Andre147

In a way it's nice MJW has been tested, this may improve his game and hopefully by being tested here he'll be more prepared for the ultimate test in the Final.