Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Quarter Finals Discussion !!!

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Well done to Brecel. But what a weak performance from Walden after the MSI.

Complete meltdown from him rofl

But Luca deserves every credit, he still had to pot them and he played well to do so.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Well done to Brecel. But what a weak performance from Walden after the MSI.

But Luca deserves every credit, he still had to pot them and he played well to do so.

Yes, and in the seventh frame he showed all of his skills by making this great 90 break. He can already be a proud man , no matter how this all ends. But while saying this. He has every chance now to reach the final.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:old against youth tomorrow

You may not, but I do fancy Luca to beat him, John has had an easy draw so far and was very lucky Mags today played absolute rubbish.

I know Higgins tends to up his game on the latter stages, but still I think Luca has every chance to beat him, and nothin would possibly please me more right now.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Yes, and in the seventh frame he showed all of his skills by making this great 90 break. He can already be a proud man , no matter how this all ends. But while saying this. He has every chance now to reach the final.

Luca v MJW would be a dream Final... I would be divided as to who I would support most, but I guess I would just stay neutral then.

Mind you, we may end up with a Higgins v Woolaston final rofl

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:

It was a Stevens-like choke! Unbelievable. It was almost laughably bad.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Luca v MJW would be a dream Final... I would be divided as to who I would support most, but I guess I would just stay neutral then.

Mind you, we may end up with a Higgins v Woolaston final rofl

Hopefully not. That would be such an anti-climax.

Postby Skullman

Higgins defintiely won't fall apart mentally like Ricky did tonight, and he will likely be a bit tighter with his safety. Still we'll see.

Luca can't keep having these slow starts against top 16 players.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Higgins defintiely won't fall apart mentally like Ricky did tonight, and he will likely be a bit tighter with his safety. Still we'll see.

Luca can't keep having these slow starts against top 16 players.

Yes if Luca starts slow I expect John to punish him.

But I'm confident in Luca you know, so i expect him to win it.

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:Luca v MJW has to be the final or I will be snake hissed off.

Well Higgins v MJW wont be bad AS long as MJW wins it.

If Higgins wins another Final with MJW in it :-(

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:So, Luca Brecel makes his first ranking semi final. Big moment. But as I said in the past only a ranking win can transform a promising youngster into an top player.

Although at 19, almost 20, a ranking semi is good, fully agree with you, all then good young players staretd early with a ranking win, Ronnie, Higgins and Hendry were only teenagers, not to mention Ding.

Luca needs to follow their footsteps regarding that.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:What about Woollaston v Luca? Could be we end with this week being Ben's big breakthrough...

Hopefully not, it would have to be considered one of the unlikiest Finals of all time.

Postby Skullman

Even Selby got into a ranking final when he 19 (although it took another five years to win one).

And slightly older, but still young, MJW was 20 and Judd 21 when they won their first rankers.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:What about Woollaston v Luca? Could be we end with this week being Ben's big breakthrough...

Hopefully not, it would have to be considered one of the unlikiest Finals of all time.

I personally any combination except Higgins v Woollaston would be a good one, although I think Ben is the least likely to make the final out of the four.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Even Selby got into a ranking final when he 19 (although it took another five years to win one).

And slightly older, but still young, MJW was 20 and Judd 21 when they won their first rankers.

I was talking about ranking wins, I know Selby was only 19 then.

Ronnie, Hendry, Higgins, Ding are the only teenagers right? Or was Hunter a teenager too when he won Welsh Open in 1998?

Postby Andre147

Just seen Hunter was still 19 when he first won Welsh Open in 1998.

Then Luca has to be inspired by him, same tournament, same first ranking event win as a teenager, hopefully.