Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Quarter Finals Discussion !!!

Postby TheRocket

Skullman wrote:Don't get too excited. At this age consistency normally doesn't carry. Higgins smashed Wenbo a couple of days back, and then put in a performance like today's.

I don't think, people are getting excited. It's just brillant watching Williams at his best playing Snooker. It's just so natural to him and he makes it look easy. After Ronnie probably the best player to watch.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Skullman wrote:Don't get too excited. At this age consistency normally doesn't carry. Higgins smashed Wenbo a couple of days back, and then put in a performance like today's.

I don't think, people are getting excited. It's just brillant watching Williams at his best playing Snooker. It's just so natural to him and he makes it look easy. After Ronnie probably the best player to watch.

Agree, and this kind of MJW will beat Higgins I'm sure if they indeed meet in the Final. MJW certainly wont make the same mistake if he were to find himself in a Big lead against Higgins.

Anyway, Marco can still comeback and win this match 5-4 <laugh>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:

Exactly. He won't be among the favourites for the Crucible whatever happens this week but currently MJW is on a roll and I can't see a reason why he shouldn't win the title. Especially with an inexperienced opponent like Ben in the semis.
Last edited by Snooker Overdrive on 20 Feb 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Agree, and this kind of MJW will beat Higgins I'm sure if they indeed meet in the Final. MJW certainly wont make the same mistake if he were to find himself in a Big lead against Higgins.

Anyway, Marco can still comeback and win this match 5-4 <laugh>

MJW is a funny guy and an enormous talent

Postby Skullman

Well regardless, it's looking very likely that MJW will make it to the final from his half, considering he's 4-0 up and his opponent will be Wilson or Woollaston in their first proper ranking semi final. And they'll have the crowd against them as well.

Other half is looking more ambiguous. Higgins might find form, Walden could play like he did in the IC or even Luca, if the occasion doesn't get to him.

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Hopefully we'll get a Brecel v MJW Final, I definately think that's possible.

That would probably save the tournament IMO

Yes, the up and coming young player trying to definately make his mark in the game v Welsh great MJW playing on home soil and trying to win this title after some lean years.

I would much prefer Luca v MJW than Higgins v MJW.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Hopefully we'll get a Brecel v MJW Final, I definately think that's possible.

Yes, the up and coming young player trying to definately make his mark in the game v Welsh great MJW playing on home soil and trying to win this title after some lean years.

The only problem I have with a Williams v Brecel final is that I'm not sure who I should support. Could be MJW last chance of a big title and it could be Luca's breakthrough chance that might not come along again for quite some time.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
mantorok wrote:

The only problem I have with a Williams v Brecel final is that I'm not sure who I should support. Could be MJW last chance of a big title and it could be Luca's breakthrough chance that might not come along again for quite some time.

lol exact same feelings for me SO... <laugh>

I would probably favour MJW a tad just because it's on home soil, but yeah Luca winning it would be great as well.

Thats the Final I'm hoping for anyway, Walden will have other ideas tonight though and will prove very hard I think.

Postby hendry_fan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Someone should tell Williams that he's supposed to be in decline!

form can dip as soon as it came. challenge is to sustain it. he could play rubbish tomorrow

Exactly masterdoctorgenius!. <ok>

No matter what happens from now on,this has been a vintage performance from MJW and he,s played great in this match,but I would,nt be surprised if he were to play rubbish tomorrow,same goes for Brecel in his next game,he played very good stuff against Selby,can he reproduce it in his next match,in games to come on a consistent level.

All pros can play great when there on song and serve up brilliant snooker from time to time,but the thing is,most of them can,t sustain it for long,most are very inconsistent.

Postby hendry_fan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:that kick in the 4th frame ruined to have a classic match

Thank god it was,nt Ronnie it happened to,otherwise you would,nt be able to sleep for weeks!. ;-) <laugh>