Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Quarter Finals Discussion !!!

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Williams knows that he can beat anyone who's left in the tournament. And this spurs him on.

Yes, if Ronnie, Selby, Robbo were still in it, that would put some doubt in MJWs mind, but yeah he knows he can beat them on a good day.

MJW is probably my 2nd/3rd favourite player to watch when on top form :bowdown:

Hopefully we'll get a Brecel v MJW Final, I definately think that's possible.

Postby TheRocket

What do you guys think? Is Mark Williams at his best a better player than Higgins at his best? Well, First I thought no but then I saw that prime Williams beat prime Higgins in two World semis, in 1999 and then a year later as well.

So it's very tough to say probably.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

TheRocket wrote:What do you guys think? Is Mark Williams at his best a better player than Higgins at his best? Well, First I thought no but then I saw that prime Williams beat prime Higgins in two World semis, in 1999 and then a year later as well.

So it's very tough to say probably.

MJW. no question. more natural and better pressure player in his prime

Postby Cloud Strife

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Mrs. Williams has to cook something yummy for MJW in the evening. his husband is playing ronnie like stuff

Did Williams get hitched in a civil ceremony that we didn't hear about? :gag:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Williams knows that he can beat anyone who's left in the tournament. And this spurs him on.

he has a mental block against higgins thoug. dont fancy him against higgins tbh. lost too many big matches against him

If MJW can beat Ronnie, he can also beat Higgins.

Postby Skullman

So looks like Higgins beat Mags eaily without playing well. Still, he's in his forst semi final for a long time so that's an upside.

Meanwhile, looks like MJW is battering Fu. How have they both played?