Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Quarter Finals Discussion !!!

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Very flattering result but Higgins is in his first semi final for ages!

Yes and he doesn't get a better chance to win a ranking tournament again. If Higgins was still in his prime, I'd say, that he would totally destroy his next two opponents and gonna win the title easily but he obviously isn't anymore so he'll have to battle to win this.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:higgins wins. what a crap match. perry vs allen like

hope somebody kicks higgins out but i cant see any1.

Only all remaining players <laugh>

Yeah, horrible match this,one of the worst performances I've seen from Mags pmsl

The only way Higgins can win matches these days I suppose...

Ironically, Higgins played probably the best stuff since Shanghai 2012 at Masters and still ended up losing...

Contrary to some, I can see Higgins losing to anyone still left, he may even reach the Final now, but if he faces Fu in the Final I do expect him to lose.

Long way to go, but I very much doubt Higgins will win this tournament if ha carries on like that.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:I will say it again. Some were laughing yesterday about this

this is higgims tournament to lose

The Maguire game isn't a given.

Was a bye

Nobody coud have predicted this rubbish from Mags... he had won the last 6 meetings against Higgins.

But today he might as well not have turn up.

I wouldnt be surprised in he slighest if Higgins loses to Walden or Luca, in fact I very much hope that happens, ideally Luca knokcking him out. <ok>

Postby Andre147

I think the highest quality match today will be Luca v Walden.

Fu v MJW can also be a good one, but the first match I mentioned I think is going to be a cracker, very much like their UK meeting.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:It's so difficult to call a winner now coz all remaining players are players who are either in decline or very inconsistent.

I'm calling it then:

Brecel or Fu.

EDIT: nah thinking better, you're right, it's very hard to predict <laugh>

I want eitjer MJW or Brecel to win it, if both could reach the Final what a match that would be.

Postby hendry_fan

Wow!,Higgins beats Mags 5-1.

I only saw a wee bit of the match and the wee bit i saw it was full of scrambled eggs,i guess Mags kept on serving it up from start to finish.

Well done though John!. :-D

Postby Dan-cat

TWITTER ATTACK

Robbo responding to Shaun Murphy's request for snooker questions as he had some spare time.

Neil Robertson ‏@nr147 2 hours ago
@Magician147 Hi :) With somewhat unplayable playing conditions in the game today. Would u like to see thicker cloth and the heaters removed?