Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 16 Discussion !!!

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:2-0 MJW barring snookers. Could end up with a Higgins v MJW final although there's some way to go still...

I would be on board for that. Their 2010 UK match was one of the greatest finals of all times.

MJW choked massivly. although he led 6-2 after the first session but that one steal from higgins in this session showed that higgins would mount a comeback. and then losing after championship ball was massiv disappintingment.

never really recovered from it. and the the losses to higgins at the WC that year and to bingham and selby after having a massive lead finished him to compete for titles

Postby sundaygirl

Dan-cat wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:The reason that it's not Jason Mohammed is because it's on BBC Wales and everyone involved has to be Welsh. Or they get real, real mad. Willie, the only Englishman, is allowed because he once went to Aberystwyth.

Jason Mohammed was the presenter last year.

That's a good point.

And he is Welsh

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:2-0 MJW barring snookers. Could end up with a Higgins v MJW final although there's some way to go still...

I would be on board for that. Their 2010 UK match was one of the greatest finals of all times.

I did watch that match full and yeah one of the best no doubt.

But that was before I joined SI, and funnily enough about 2 weeks ago I was scrolling through the pages of that year Final and almost everyone was absolutely gutted MJW lost after a 9-5 lead.

Sonny was the most upset, you could tell he was really really angry with his comments afterwards <laugh>

You too weren't best pleased with the outcome SO I could tell.
Last edited by Andre147 on 19 Feb 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Mark Williams mostly likely won't have to qualify for the Crucible this year.

And it's great to see him play some good stuff again...

maybe has to play ronnie in the 2nd round. again.

Hopefully not. Currently he's set to play Selby in the 2nd round. He would have to overtake Higgins or Maguire to potentially play Ronnie. It's more likely Milkins overtakes him again in my opinion.

Postby mantorok

Mike Hallett in Commentary wrote:
    Why's he played it like that?
    What's going on?
    How's he missed that?
    What's he thinking there?

This guy asks a lot of questions and provides very little to the audience watching at home.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

I did watch that match full and yeah one of the best no doubt.

But that was before I joined SI, and funnily enough about 2 weeks ago I was scrolling through the pages of that year Final and almost everyone was absolutely gutted MJW lost after a 9-5 lead.

Sonny was the most upset, you could tell he was really really angry with his comments afterwards <laugh>

It's was my first tournament commentating here. Nearly all the regular posters back then have disappeared in the last couple of years. Thankfully a very good new generation has taken over :-)

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Mark Williams mostly likely won't have to qualify for the Crucible this year.

And it's great to see him play some good stuff again...

maybe has to play ronnie in the 2nd round. again.

Hopefully not. Currently he's set to play Selby in the 2nd round. He would have to overtake Higgins or Maguire to potentially play Ronnie. It's more likely Milkins overtakes him again in my opinion.

i wish milkins as ronnies second round opponent
selby wither williams or higgins

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:ronnie like choke from MJW

That green MJW also very much reminded me of a similar green he missed v Selby at Shanghai Masters Final when he was 9-7 up I think. From there he never recovered and duly lost the match.

Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:ronnie like choke from MJW

That green MJW also very much reminded me of a similar green he missed v Selby at Shanghai Masters Final when he was 9-7 up I think. From there he never recovered and duly lost the match.

the pink ball incident didnt help either

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:Don't see how that was a choke?

didnt you see the sitter of a green he missed?

Ah sorry, I thought you meant on the black ball battle.