Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 16 Discussion !!!

Postby Andre147

Selby with a pot sucess of 94% if im not mistaken and still ends up losing.

So so happy for Luca tight now :-D

Mind you, he has to keep his focus and dont let this be a one off, I would be gutted if he went out next round.

Postby Andre147

Muppet147 wrote:Great win for Luca.

Hopefully, he can win a couple more matches in this tournament and really establish himself.

Luca will face Bingo or Walden.

He did beat Walden at 2012 UK Champs if I'm not mistaken.

Has to keep the good momentum going, losing next round would be a bit of a setback.

But no one can take away this win from him that's for sure, no matter what format it is.

Postby Dan-cat

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Selby leads Luca in every stat but two. Saftey success (!) and frame score.

You could play a perfect safety in frame one, make a 147, and have 100% safety and 100% pot success at the end of the match...

...but lose 4 - 1.

The stats are misleading.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Higgins tournament to lose now

rofl you a bit deluded if you think it's Haggins tourney to lose. :wave:

Trump and Robbo no doubt.

Haggins might even go out this round, if not then Mags might put him out.

Anything can happen after stevens wins three deciders in a row and brecel wins against selby in a deciding frame. Selby played his best match so far in the season on television but still lost

Postby Andre147

Higins wins 4-2.

Has McManus or Mags next, most likely Mags, and if it is I do hope Mags sends him packing.

He has got the better of Higgins numerous times recently.

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Higgins needs three good wins now. Tough but he has the experience
Ages since he reached the latter stages and first match in a ranking event after long time which will be televised

When was it that he made the quarter finals of the Welsh Open last? Was it last year, or the year before? He lost to Ronnie anyway.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Terry: Darren, do you think that Mark can play as well as he used to sometimes?

Darren: Terry asked me that on purpose, I'm eating a biscuit.

rofl

That's wittier than anything Colin Murray said at the German Masters.

Postby Skullman

:mood:

Selby lost despite making two centuries. I'll give the match a look later, but by all accounts Selby didn't lose playing badly, so fair play to Luca I suppose. Let's see how he progresses from here.

Incidentally, if you care about the WN1 spot, Robbo can overtake Selby if he wins the event, otherwise, Selby will keep it for a little longer.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Skullman wrote::mood:

Selby lost despite making two centuries. I'll give the match a look later, but by all accounts Selby didn't lose playing badly, so fair play to Luca I suppose. Let's see how he progresses from here.

Incidentally, if you care about the WN1 spot, Robbo can overtake Selby if he wins the event, otherwise, Selby will keep it for a little longer.

selby is provisonally no 2. ronnie is no 1 atm

Postby Skullman

On provisional seedings, which take into account the stretch from now until the China Open.

Rankings are updated every event and on that Selby is 1, with Robbo 37K behind, so needs the title.

Postby Skullman

Dan-cat wrote:The reason that it's not Jason Mohammed is because it's on BBC Wales and everyone involved has to be Welsh. Or they get real, real mad. Willie, the only Englishman, is allowed because he once went to Aberystwyth.

Jason Mohammed was the presenter last year.

Postby Dan-cat

Skullman wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:The reason that it's not Jason Mohammed is because it's on BBC Wales and everyone involved has to be Welsh. Or they get real, real mad. Willie, the only Englishman, is allowed because he once went to Aberystwyth.

Jason Mohammed was the presenter last year.

That's a good point.