Post a reply

2 questions

Postby 151kbar151

1) Where are referees such as Jan Verhaas, Brendan Moore, Terry Camlieri, Paul Collier, Michaela Tabb, Colin Humphries, Olivier Marteel? Will they be refering later stages? They also weren't at German Masters which was surprise to me.
2) Is BBC broadcasting this? I was looking at their schedule but no Welsh Open there. But the scoreboard is BBC Sport one so that's weird.

Re: 2 questions

Postby SnookerFan

151kbar151 wrote:1) Where are referees such as Jan Verhaas, Brendan Moore, Terry Camlieri, Paul Collier, Michaela Tabb, Colin Humphries, Olivier Marteel? Will they be refering later stages? They also weren't at German Masters which was surprise to me.
2) Is BBC broadcasting this? I was looking at their schedule but no Welsh Open there. But the scoreboard is BBC Sport one so that's weird.

1) No idea. Rumour has it that Michaela Tabb has been ill, that's why you aint seen her in a while. Not sure if that's true though.

2) BBC Wales is showing it. In England, you can watch BBC Wales if you have Sky, or you can Red Button it for some of the matches. The BBC should have a red button schedule on their website somewhere.

Postby Wildey

The Tour is full on these days not only with Main Tour but Michaela and Jan does a lot with Snooker Legends and Michaela does pool aswell.

Refs needs breaks too and its good giving chances for new refs so that they can step up at the Crucible or the Masters if needed.

Postby 151kbar151

New refs? Except Eckhart and Crisan all these new referees are dumb. They are too loud and English pronunciation of some of them is bad.
I accept new referees at PTC but not at prestigious tournaments with longer tradition.

Postby SnookerFan

151kbar151 wrote:New refs? Except Eckhart and Crisan all these new referees are dumb. They are too loud and English pronunciation of some of them is bad.
I accept new referees at PTC but not at prestigious tournaments with longer tradition.

Jan Verhaas isn't British, and he was new once. He's now one of the top referees.

Postby Wildey

151kbar151 wrote:New refs? Except Eckhart and Crisan all these new referees are dumb. They are too loud and English pronunciation of some of them is bad.

What Happens when Established Refs packs it in or Retires.

Play matches without refs??

They all had to start somewhere.

Jan Verhass and Eirian Williams followed in the Footsteps of Len Ganley, John Street, Alan Chamberlain, John Williams etc etc etc