Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 32 Discussion !!!

Postby Cloud Strife

Snooker Overdrive wrote:If Ronnie loses this match he can't be considered top favourite for the Worlds any longer

He was never the top favourite anyway and I wouldn't put too much stock into his performances this week. He was poor throughout.

Clearly the venue and format were not to his liking and it resulted in a couldn't care less attitude at times. Come The Crucible he will be back to his normal self again, I'm sure.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Frame gifted to Stevens.

Ronnie fans won't like me saying it but these are the sorts of tournaments that creep in when a player is in decline and they just can fire the cylinders like they would have years ago, put it this way Ronnie is unlikely to threaten the latter stages of the World Championships this year,

decline my foot. he won two majors this season. he is feeling distracted. if he has season like higgins the last 3 years then we can talk about it

One Major only, but he ash CoC as well, important title.

I couldnt agree more, if Ronnie starts having 3 seasons like this such as Higgins, then we can talk about ait

AC or LT :zzz: same old talk as to when Ronnie lost against MJW, he then won UK and CoC

Decline pmsl

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:two lose two matches in deciders and miss match ball is just insane

whole week ruined. wtf is that. loses to MJW, now stevens. who is next? ali carter?

this is just painful. it hurts. it sucks

so, Ding will be next, and Carter will complete it rofl

pmsl

Postby Jester82

Cloud Strife wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:If Ronnie loses this match he can't be considered top favourite for the Worlds any longer

He was never the top favourite anyway and I wouldn't put too much stock into his performances this week. He was poor throughout.

Clearly the venue and format were not to his liking and it resulted in a couldn't care less attitude at times. Come The Crucible he will be back to his normal self again, I'm sure.

why this pity excuse?

Postby Andy Spark

151kbar151 wrote:Ronnie lost but he was smiling? WTF?

Ronnie wasn't taking the tournament seriously, anybody with intelligence (obviously that excludes snooker commentators) could see that. This tournament was littered with trolling exhibition shots. Ronnie just didn't give a toss, that's why he was smiling. <laugh>

Postby Muppet147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:two lose two matches in deciders and miss match ball is just insane

whole week ruined. wtf is that. loses to MJW, now stevens. who is next? ali carter?

He didn't miss match ball. He also needed the green and brown. But the miss on the yellow was awful.

Postby Andy Spark

Cloud Strife wrote:

Absolutely, Ronnie said he was just smashing some balls around this event. This defeat means nothing because he wasn't really trying.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Muppet147 wrote:

He didn't miss match ball. He also needed the green and brown. But the miss on the yellow was awful.

virtually match ball. the potted into the middle was more difficult than that yellow

to lose a match 4-0 is better than to lose such matches. 4th decider loss on the trot

first he loses his first WC final after having commandin lead. then he loses to player like MJW and matthew after billions years though he had big chances

Postby Andre147

I wont lie, it hurts a bit Ronnie losing this way, especially against a player like Stevens, very similar to MJW.

He was never on it this week though, so this doesnt surprise me that much.

Maybe Stevens was destined to win it after winning 2 deciders previosuly, ironic isnt it, for a player who has such a bad record in them.

That missed yeallow cost Ronnie the match Im afraid, that blue in the decider too, but the yellow much worse in the previous frame.

Anyway, Ill soon forget about this.

The Murphy loss was much more painful than this.

Postby shankly

Ronnie been a real chimpanzee this week, hasn't he? Almost feels like a meltdown is imminent. Been coming for 4 years, I guess. Got lots of suppressed emotions to let loose.

Well done Matthew though, always thought he's one of the nicest guys on tour, very genuine.

Also, Willie Thorne must be the most annoying commentator, right up there with Virgo, Taylor, and Darren Morgan.

Postby Clara8633

Andy Spark wrote:

Ronnie wasn't taking the tournament seriously, anybody with intelligence (obviously that excludes snooker commentators) could see that. This tournament was littered with trolling exhibition shots. Ronnie just didn't give a toss, that's why he was smiling. <laugh>

Stevens probably wouldn't have reached the last 16 if he hadn't taken this tournament so seriously.

Postby Cloud Strife

Jester82 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

why this pity excuse?

No excuses. He played poorly and got beat fair and square. End of story.

However, any fool could see he was in a funny mood this week for whatever reason. If he brings this same sort of attitude to The Crucible with him I will be concerned.

Postby Muppet147

shankly wrote:Ronnie been a real chimpanzee this week, hasn't he? Almost feels like a meltdown is imminent. Been coming for 4 years, I guess. Got lots of suppressed emotions to let loose.

Well done Matthew though, always thought he's one of the nicest guys on tour, very genuine.

Also, Willie Thorne must be the most annoying commentator, right up there with Virgo, Taylor, and Darren Morgan.

Agree with you about Thorne. He is always whining.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie potentially taking the WN1 spot again after this week would give me no satisfaction whatsoever.

WN1 pmsl what matters is titles, WN1 isnt that significant these days with the 128 thing and all that.

Its a nice accolade, but doesnt mean so much as it usd to be.

Postby AC or LT?

To those saying Ronnie couldn't care less, that's even worse than having a bad patch. It means he no longer treats the support with the respect it deserves on the table, as well as off the table. It means his fans are being treat to deliberate poor performances from him because he isn't taking professional ranking tournaments seriously.

Postby Sickpotter

IMO the format makes ROS much more vulnerable, any pro can reel off 4 frames.

I wouldn't look too hard at short format early rounds exits by Ronnie as any true indication of his form.

Personally no fan of shortening formats.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andy Spark wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Absolutely, Ronnie said he was just smashing some balls around this event. This defeat means nothing because he wasn't really trying.

Spot on.

The German Masters defeat to Murphy was far more dissapointing because he was actually going all out and trying in that tournament.

Postby Jester82

Cloud Strife wrote:
Jester82 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

why this pity excuse?

No excuses. He played poorly and got beat fair and square. End of story.

However, any fool could see he was in a funny mood this week for whatever reason. If he brings this same sort of attitude to The Crucible with him I will be concerned.

Well, he seemed relaxed for a change and not grumpy as usual...

If Ronnie performs poorly at the Worlds I won't certainly share your concern... :john:

Postby Andre147

Anyway, unless Ronnie wins World Grand prix, cant see him winning China Open before Worlds.

He wont be considered favourite for Crucible I think, at least not from me, but that could be a blessing in disguise.

All about Worlds now, his next two tournaments will serve as preparation for it.

Postby Andy Spark

Clara8633 wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:

Stevens probably wouldn't have reached the last 16 if he hadn't taken this tournament so seriously.

Well, maybe Stevens should have tried taking the World Championship seriously and then he'd have won one. Ronnie chooses the big events to play seriously!

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Spot on.

The German Masters defeat to Murphy was far more dissapointing because he was actually going all out and trying in that tournament.

Exactly.

German Masters loss was much more painful because as you say he was playing some great stuff and had he won that match could have won the tournament, would have Selby in the Final but anyway..

This is will quickly be forgotten pmsl

Hopefully one Welshman can win the title now.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:Anyway, unless Ronnie wins World Grand prix, cant see him winning China Open before Worlds.

He wont be considered favourite for Crucible I think, at least not from me, but that could be a blessing in disguise.

All about Worlds now, his next two tournaments will serve as preparation for it.

Selby is the favourite, imo.