Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 32 Discussion !!!

Postby 151kbar151

Andy Spark wrote:
151kbar151 wrote:Ronnie lost but he was smiling? WTF?

Ronnie wasn't taking the tournament seriously, anybody with intelligence (obviously that excludes snooker commentators) could see that. This tournament was littered with trolling exhibition shots. Ronnie just didn't give a toss, that's why he was smiling. <laugh>

So why he entered the torunament? He could skip it nicely.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:two lose two matches in deciders and miss match ball is just insane

whole week ruined. wtf is that. loses to MJW, now stevens. who is next? ali carter?

this is just painful. it hurts. it sucks

so, Ding will be next, and Carter will complete it rofl

pmsl

And after that Hendry will come out of retirement for the Worlds and beat Ronnie in the first round 10-9 :-D

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:two lose two matches in deciders and miss match ball is just insane

whole week ruined. wtf is that. loses to MJW, now stevens. who is next? ali carter?

so, Ding will be next, and Carter will complete it rofl

pmsl

And after that Hendry will come out of retirement for the Worlds and beat Ronnie in the first round 10-9 :-D

rofl

Postby Jester82

Andy Spark wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:

Ronnie wasn't taking the tournament seriously, anybody with intelligence (obviously that excludes snooker commentators) could see that. This tournament was littered with trolling exhibition shots. Ronnie just didn't give a toss, that's why he was smiling. <laugh>

Stevens probably wouldn't have reached the last 16 if he hadn't taken this tournament so seriously.

Well, maybe Stevens should have tried taking the World Championship seriously and then he'd have won one. Ronnie chooses the big events to play seriously!

All of the sudden the Welsh open aren't important anymore.

Postby hendry_fan

OMG!!,I,m glad i aint a Stevens fan!,(although i might become one now though!). <laugh>
He won but needed a good few chances to finaly get over the line,he does,nt half bottle some does Stevens!.

Well done though,a win is a win.First win for him against Ronnie since 12 years!. :clap:

Strange performance from Ronnie today,missed way more than usual and played some strange shots,it actually seemed that he was in a bit of one of his *could,nt be bovered* moduses,and the way he played that decider,well,it seemed like he was in a *couldn,t be bovered,could,nt care less* modus!. :roll:

Rory Mcleod actualy should,ve sent Ronnie packin already,as he was in prime position to do so,but bottled several chances,Stevens bottled just as much but managed to get over the line and send him packin,so,i,m happy with that!. :-D

:clap: Matthew Stevens :clap:

Postby Andre147

Jester82 wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:

Stevens probably wouldn't have reached the last 16 if he hadn't taken this tournament so seriously.

Well, maybe Stevens should have tried taking the World Championship seriously and then he'd have won one. Ronnie chooses the big events to play seriously!

They are, dont take notice of those who say it isnt.

But German Masters loss was much more painful as he was playing some great stuff.

This tournament is now forgotten for me as far as Ronnie is concerned.

Would love if one Welshman won it, ideally MJW.

Postby Clara8633

Andy Spark wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:

The WC isn't in Wales. And Stevens knows he will never win it.

Postby AC or LT?

The one saving grace Ronnie has now is he's in the worlds, there's not that pressure that a lot of the top 16 have throughout the next few tournaments, he can almost afford to take his eye off the ball a bit and buck around like he has this week.

For me Robertson, Selby, Murphy and Trump go into the Worlds as favourites.

Although I do agree with yous we can't put too much stock in Best of 7s. But it's still a half-decent indicator of form and Ronnie's has deserted him.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

don't forget the lost decider against Mavis in the CL :no:

Postby Andre147

MJW winning it would be so nice, it will be very difficult for him but I'll be rooting for him all the way.

Stevens rofl having beaten Ronnie, he may well lose his next match.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:MJW winning it would be so nice, it will be very difficult for him but I'll be rooting for him all the way.

Williams winning would be great, but I suspect the winner will be one of Robbo or Selby.

Postby Clara8633

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:MJW winning it would be so nice, it will be very difficult for him but I'll be rooting for him all the way.

Williams winning would be great, but I suspect the winner will be one of Robbo or Selby.

I won't mind that, I like them both :-D

Postby Jester82

Andre147 wrote:
Jester82 wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:

They are, dont take notice of those who say it isnt.

But German Masters loss was much more painful as he was playing some great stuff.

This tournament is now forgotten for me as far as Ronnie is concerned.

Would love if one Welshman won it, ideally MJW.

Wouldn't worry much if I was you...ROS was out for a year and returned winning the Worlds...so what?...

Is a very close competition. I can't see a clear favourite right now...

Postby SnookerFan

Calm down, the lot of you. :roll: buck sake. Ronnie won the UK Championship in December, and the Champion of Champions in November. You lot are making it sound like it's been a lifetime since he won a match.

He could win every tournament in a season, but then lose the Worlds 18-17 on a respotted black and you lot would be going; "That's it, his career is over." <doh>

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Calm down, the lot of you. :roll: buck sake. Ronnie won the UK Championship in December, and the Champion of Champions in November. You lot are making it sound like it's been a lifetime since he won a match.

He could win every tournament in a season, but then lose the Worlds 18-17 on a respotted black and you lot would be going; "That's it, his career is over." <doh>

:spot on:

Postby Andy Spark

Jester82 wrote:

Not all of a sudden. Specifically ever since stupid Bazza changed it to a best of 7. Mind you, it never was really important to begin with.

Postby Andre147

Anyway, maybe Ronnie will do well at World Grand Prix, he does tend to do so in new events :roll:

I just hope he plays to a reasonable standard in that and China, it will serve as good preparation for World Champs.