Topic locked

Re: BetVictor Welsh Open Last 128 and Last 64 Discussion !!!

Postby Dan-cat

It's been best of 7 for the early rounds for a while.

I do love this tournament. Not just because I was there last year when the Rockstar had a maxi, and I only decided to go the morning of the final. It was my birthday, and I had a birthday lunch planned which I cancelled as I was driving up the M4 . Ace memory :)

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:
gcjdavid wrote:Willo 2-0 Lyu Haotian

Very good pink.

The blue was better.

Also I'm going to stick my neck out and say the longest frame record will be beaten this tournament.

rofl pmsl

Postby Andre147

MJW didn't play well, Haotian was all over the place though, should have been a closer match. Nevertheless I do think MJW has a good chance of having a good tournament here, he may face Murphy at Last 32 stage but this short format might help MJW's quest.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie up next then :-D

Against Calabrese, bit of a shame this Australian player hasn't been inspired by his fellow mate and top pro Robbo, can't see him winning a frame against Ronnie to be honest, 4-0 for me, unless he starts well then might be 4-1.

Postby Andre147

AC or LT? wrote:Apparently the afternoon session starts at 1 apparently.

It was supposed to be 12pm, but I think since MJW's match finished early they went 1pm to accomodate with the fact BBC Wales starts their coverage at 1pm. Can't blame them for doing that, I think it's only the TV match though that starts at that time.
Last edited by Andre147 on 16 Feb 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

SavoMilosevic wrote:Is this the same venue where the world 9-ball pool championship was held between 1999 and 2003? If it is, Tornado Drago should be inspired. :-D

Tornado Tony will play Ebdon, real contrast of styles there.

Hopefully like you say he can be inspired, but Ebdon has been playing well recently so it may prove very tough for Tony to beat him.

Postby AC or LT?

MICHAEL HOLT 2 v 2 ASHLEY CARTY
ALFIE BURDEN 3 v 1 ANDREW NORMAN
DECHAWAT POOMJAENG 2 v 1 ALLAN TAYLOR
SHAUN MURPHY 3 v 2 STEVEN HALLWORTH
JAMIE JONES 4 v 0 CHRIS NORBURY
MARK WILLIAMS 4 v 0 LYU HAOTIAN
DOMINIC DALE 2 v 1 MICHAEL WASLEY
JACK LISOWSKI 1 v 2 LI HANG
MARK ALLEN 4 v 1 ALEXANDER URSENBACHE
CAO YUPENG 3 v 1 CRAIG STEADMAN
BEN WOOLLASTON 3 v 1 THANAWAT TIRAPONGPAIBOON

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
not known yet, depends on who goes through, but my guess would be Ronnie again, and then either Trump or MJW.

Skullman wrote:Not known yet, depends on who gets through as they'll be second round matches tonight.

<laugh>

rofl

Postby SnookerFan

gcjdavid wrote:That's the problem with these short formats; an upset could be easily scored.

So far, how many upsets were there?

PTCs tend to produce big name players more often than not.

Most of us would prefer best of nines, or best of 11s. But I don't think bo7s are as much of a lottery as people think.

They're just a bit too short.