Post a reply

Re: Kreativ Dental German Masters Final Discussion!

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:How much time is there between the CO final and the Crucible kick off?

I think he will play but I agree that it wouldn't hurt his chances skipping it.

China ends on the 5th, opening day of the Crucible is 18th.

Two weeks then, not bad, even the finalits will be fresh come the Crucible but as me and SO said Ronnie skipping it would be a tad better, especially because it's a tournament in China and I very much doubt he would win anyway.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:How much time is there between the CO final and the Crucible kick off?

I think he will play but I agree that it wouldn't hurt his chances skipping it.

China ends on the 5th, opening day of the Crucible is 18th.

In that case Ronnie should definitely go. Also he won't play on opening day and probably won't reach the final. It's good match practice and I also consider the CO as the most prestigious Chinese event (not the IC!).

Postby TheRocket

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Ronnie will only play in two tournaments till the WC i think. World grand prix and welsh. Everything else will be a surprise. The qualies for indian open and china open also starting this week i think

He will probably not enter the IO but not sure about the CO. I think, he said a couple of times that he intends to play in the CO.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

TheRocket wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:Ronnie will only play in two tournaments till the WC i think. World grand prix and welsh. Everything else will be a surprise. The qualies for indian open and china open also starting this week i think

He will probably not enter the IO but not sure about the CO. I think, he said a couple of times that he intends to play in the CO.

He also said he wanted to play in the World Open. But as soon as he said that Hearn kicked it off the calendar <laugh>

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

He also said he wanted to play in the World Open. But as soon as he said that Hearn kicked it off the calendar <laugh>

Well, I don't really care to be honest. And he usually doesn't really perform well in China. But as long as he's winning the World , I wouldn't even care if he keeps losing in first rounds in all these pre-WC tournaments.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Good riddance to it. It was a dead event, even by China standards.

Dead event because Murphy won it in the Final against Selby? :john:

Joking, it was indeed the most pointless of China ranking tournaments in the calendar, crowds were always poor and there was no atmosphere whatsoever.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think it will be good that all eyes won't be on Ronnie this year at the Crucible, for Ronnie himself and us fans. Ronnie being overwhelming favourite was demanding and exhausting last year.

Yeah fully agree. Ronnie will play Welsh Open and World Grand Prix no doubt, as for the rest if he plays China Open it shall be good match practice, bit like the CL, because I highly doubt he'll win it.
Last edited by Andre147 on 09 Feb 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:Good riddance to it. It was a dead event, even by China standards.

Joking, it was indeed the most pointless of China ranking tournaments in the calendar, crowds were always poor and there was no atmosphere whatsoever.

:-D

That's why I consider the CO as the biggest Chinese event because it has a history and a reasonably good atmosphere.

Postby vodkadiet

O'Sullivan's snooker may be great at times, but his grasp of English needs improving. In tonight's post match with Colin Murray "Sheffield is a war of nutrition". <doh>

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:

it wasent a pointless event however playing it in china every year was.

it was a World Open and has just like the International Championship huge potential because they can move it from country to country suerly Hearn has to look at that kind of events to move main rankers in to places like Poland and Portugal.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan's snooker may be great at times, but his grasp of English needs improving. In tonight's post match with Colin Murray "Sheffield is a war of nutrition". <doh>

And do you know why he said "war of nutrition?" Of course Ronnie knows it's war of attrition, the war of nutrition was a joke Neal Foulds used 2 days ago when Selby was playing Ebdon, Ronnie said that match was a war of attrition and then Foulds said nutrition aswell because Ebdon is Vegan and Selby is not.

Probably the joke didn't fit in very well today, but it was Ronnie who first said it was war of attrition, so he obviously knows it. What he needs improving is his constant "kinda", as for the rest his comments were always spot on and he was full of praise for Selby's game.

Postby Wildey

Ronnie isnt there as a expert on Grammer he is a Snooker Pro so why the hell do people feel the need to correct him is beyond me anyway.

Postby vodkadiet

Wildey wrote:Ronnie isnt there as a expert on Grammer he is a Snooker Pro so why the hell do people feel the need to correct him is beyond me anyway.

If you are getting paid to speak English (which is what you are getting paid for when you are a pundit on British Eurosport), then speak English like an adult, and not some 5 year old.

I didn't see the Neal Foulds joke about 'nutrition', so I cannot pass comment on that, but it didn't seem that O'Sullivan was being ironic to me. He isn't exactly Stephen Fry when it comes to having a grasp on the English language. Then again Selby also isn't particularly gifted in the art of articulating thoughts, although he wasn't getting paid for it, whereas O'Sullivan was.

Postby Andre147

Fantastic arena, great tournament, wonderful fans, but THIS TROPHY? rofl pmsl

What happened to the other one that was used in the 4 previous editions? Why replace it for this?

If that cue ball there in the trophy were a tooth I'd say that came straight from the Kreativ Dental Clinic shelves :lol:

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan's snooker may be great at times, but his grasp of English needs improving. In tonight's post match with Colin Murray "Sheffield is a war of nutrition". <doh>

I missed that. I went to bed as soon as Selby won. :lol:
Last edited by SnookerFan on 09 Feb 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Postby hendry_fan

Verrrrrrrrrrrry well done Mark!,bout time he added to his trophy collection again,also well done to gettin back to the world nr.1 spot!. :win: :clap:

Can,t be that much wrong with his style of play,i,m sure he,ll add many more trophys,titles to his collection in the future.

For those who keep on ramblin on about centuries and snooker just bein about BIG breaks,well of course it,s a great feat to knock in a century and to knock in BIG breaks,Ronnies the nr.1 in that department,good on him for that,but a century only wins you 1 frame.

Selby did,nt even knock in 1 century in the final but he ended up winning,he in fact <only> knocked in a single one throughout the whole of the tourney,a (126) against Ebdon in round 2!.

:win: :happy: Mark Selby!. :happy: :win:

Postby SnookerFan

hendry_fan wrote:Verrrrrrrrrrrry well done Mark!,bout time he added to his trophy collection again,also well done to gettin back to the world nr.1 spot!. :win: :clap:

Can,t be that much wrong with his style of play,i,m sure he,ll add many more trophys,titles to his collection in the future.

For those who keep on ramblin on about centuries and snooker just bein about BIG breaks,well of course it,s a great feat to knock in a century and to knock in BIG breaks,Ronnies the nr.1 in that department,good on him for that,but a century only wins you 1 frame.

Selby did,nt even knock in 1 century in the final but he ended up winning,he in fact <only> knocked in a single one throughout the whole of the tourney,a (126) against Ebdon in round 2!.

:win: :happy: Mark Selby!. :happy: :win:

To be honest, I really didn't mind either way who won last night.

It's kind of funny though, when Selby is doing well people seem to come on here purely to post how crap he is. Then he ends up winning. rofl

Postby Clara8633

SnookerFan wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
I misseevthat. I went to bedbas soon as Selby won. :lol:

Do you even speak English?

It's my tablet. It's always making my posts do that.

Your post looks perfectly normal on mine though.

Postby SnookerFan

I seem to have accidentally started a massive debate between Snooker Backer, Robert Milkins and Mark Williams on Twitter.

Snookerbacker was saying that the German Masters has the second best arena after The Crucible, Milkman chimed in he didn't agree and thought it was Ally Pally. Never one to miss an opportunity to moan about how few toilets there are at the Palace, I voiced that opinion. Milkins told me I was talking rubbish, and I told him to have a couple of pints, watch four frame than queue half way round London for a slash. <laugh>

Anyway, I go away because I'm at work, and I do occasionally do some work. Not very often, but I sometimes have no choice. Anyway, I come back and I have 26 replies on Twitter. Mark Williams joined in, giving his opinion. Snookerbacker was winding him it up saying they should move the Worlds to Crondon. Quite a few random nobodies were favouriting every comment.

Anyway, I told Mark Williams his opinion doesn't count after what he said about The Crucible. I'm going to see how it pans out.

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:I seem to have accidentally started a massive debate between Snooker Backer, Robert Milkins and Mark Williams on Twitter.

Snookerbacker was saying that the German Masters has the second best arena after The Crucible, Milkman chimed in he didn't agree and thought it was Ally Pally. Never one to miss an opportunity to moan about how few toilets there are at the Palace, I voiced that opinion. Milkins told me I was talking rubbish, and I told him to have a couple of pints, watch four frame than queue half way round London for a slash. <laugh>

Anyway, I go away because I'm at work, and I do occasionally do some work. Not very often, but I sometimes have no choice. Anyway, I come back and I have 26 replies on Twitter. Mark Williams joined in, giving his opinion. Snookerbacker was winding him it up saying they should move the Worlds to Crondon. Quite a few random nobodies were favouriting every comment.

Anyway, I told Mark Williams his opinion doesn't count after what he said about The Crucible. I'm going to see how it pans out.

It's interesting how many of your posts / tweets are about going to the toilet. Even the ones that aren't, still involve you talking rubbish.